Bonus Time

Carmichael

I know of a company (no names mentioned....) where the directors and traders are NOT ALLOWED to drive their Ferraris, Lamborghinis etc. to work because it could negatively affect company moral and perceptions. Funny enough Porches are allowed....

Strange world master Jack....

S-Bank?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh? :o

Thats what i thought

Què [what] as perfected by Manual in Fawlty Towers

Whats S-Bank

Edited by SwissVan

The last time I got a bonus was in December 1999, my last permanent job, as IT manager working for a JV startup for 3 major players in SA. After working an equivalent of 3 years over a 2 year period and busting my b@lls I was called into the bosses office and was told they were extremely happy with me and gave me a R1500 cheque. I resigned the following month. In Dec 2000 I netted R75k working for myself yours truely.

Must admit gauging from some of the comments on this thread there are some really arrogant directors out there with real f$%k y&u attitudes. Shame on you. I dont like people with bad attitude ... :devil:

Interesting views, assuming everybody has worked 100%?

I find it interesting how many times in my business it is the guys who work just below par that expect a '13th' cheque. Funny how they never put in a '13th' effort?

Ironically it is the guys who work over and above the 'Contract' that quietly appreciate the little extra's the business gives them.

Food for thought?

You have a very good point. If I look at the people that work with and around me, it is that group of people who only put 90% in that complain the most thumbdown.gif

Hmmm....i am having a tough couple of months for my business.

No bonus for me...in fact, probably not going to draw a salary for the next two months.

So when times are good, i save money so that i can cover the lean months.

To all the employees:

If it doesn't specifically say that you will get a bonus in your contract, then you aren't entitled to one

Don't worry what the directors are buying. They are also the ones taking tablets at night trying to sleep beacuase they are worrying about who is going to pay on time so that they are able to meet financial commitments (i.e. your salary). Some "perks" are not exactly that but rather purchased by themselves in a private capacity with their large paycheques.

To all the emlpoyers:

Your employees woule REALLY like a bonus. If cashflow is a problem at the end of the year (and it always is) then rather look at alternatives. Give each employee and increase equal to their bonus divided equally over the 12 months or look at birthday month bonuses. This way your "lump sum" payout is spread over the entire year. Alternatively pay bonuses to lower paid staff in December and pay higher paid staff by means of the "monthly bonus"

Bottomline is everybody "expects" a bonus come December and if they don't get one, they are p ! ssed. Write into their contracts that they are not entitled to a bonus. Come December, if there are funds available, slip a little something extra into their pay.

A happy workforce is a productive workforce.

I know of a company (no names mentioned....) where the directors and traders are NOT ALLOWED to drive their Ferraris, Lamborghinis etc. to work because it could negatively affect company moral and perceptions. Funny enough Porches are allowed....

Strange world master Jack....

Just shows how they have devalued....

To all the employees:

If it doesn't specifically say that you will get a bonus in your contract, then you aren't entitled to one

Don't worry what the directors are buying. They are also the ones taking tablets at night trying to sleep beacuase they are worrying about who is going to pay on time so that they are able to meet financial commitments (i.e. your salary). Some "perks" are not exactly that but rather purchased by themselves in a private capacity with their large paycheques.

To all the emlpoyers:

Your employees woule REALLY like a bonus. If cashflow is a problem at the end of the year (and it always is) then rather look at alternatives. Give each employee and increase equal to their bonus divided equally over the 12 months or look at birthday month bonuses. This way your "lump sum" payout is spread over the entire year. Alternatively pay bonuses to lower paid staff in December and pay higher paid staff by means of the "monthly bonus"

Bottomline is everybody "expects" a bonus come December and if they don't get one, they are p ! ssed. Write into their contracts that they are not entitled to a bonus. Come December, if there are funds available, slip a little something extra into their pay.

I like that.

Would it not be more proactive/responsible for companies to plan and set aside some funds towards an end of the year bonus.

If times are tough then at least there is a small incentive that can be paid out to accommodate those staff who have performed.

Let's not kid ourselves though, this economic down turn (nice name for recession) has been tough and having a job is already a bonus, but if you have pulled your weight and the results are plain to see then surely you are eligible to receive a financial benefit from this?

*hi-jack on*

So a quick question... I'm mostly-happily employed and haven't really been looking at the job market, but I still keep my eye out for "the right job". Is the job market really that flat, that people can't get jobs? Or are people's salary expectations the problem?

*hi-jack off*

To all the employees:

To all the emlpoyers:

I agree, but if you slip them something extra the one year you have the resources to do so, it becomes a thing they will expect every year,whether it's in a contract or not.

Why is this reminding me of the stage race cost thread...oh ya, people winging about money. Here's my solution:

a) Work harder, become a director and enjoy the "good" life

B) Tell them to shove their job and go work somewhere else

Either way, be thankful that you have a job. Have a look at the unemployed hubbers thread before you complain about a bonus.