Can you use a SRAM 10 speed quick link on an Ultegra chain?

Zula

I bought a new chain and have only really had experience with the SRAM chains and the oh so easy to use quick links.

Can one use a SRAM 10 speed quick link with a shimano chain or is it better to use the connecting pin provided?

I'v never installed a connecting before. Doesn't look too difficult but it does seem to have the potential to mess up a link.

I bought a new chain and have only really had experience with the SRAM chains and the oh so easy to use quick links.

Can one use a SRAM 10 speed quick link with a shimano chain or is it better to use the connecting pin provided?

I'v never installed a connecting before. Doesn't look too difficult but it does seem to have the potential to mess up a link.

Not sure about 10 speed but SRAM link works fine on Shitmano chains

You can use any 10 speed quick link. I don't use the SRAM 10 speed ones as they specify single use which is a bit of a hassel and they are the most expensive. I think they are the lightest 'though.

I use it on my 11 speed as well, no problemo.

and it says single use only, but it is reusable, considered that you take it off with special force/care.

I use it on my 11 speed as well, no problemo.

and it says single use only, but it is reusable, considered that you take it off with special force/care.

Chains/casettes can be used acroiss brands.

Hijack on:

Has anyone reused the 11speed KMC links?

Hijack off.

You can use any 10 speed quick link. I don't use the SRAM 10 speed ones as they specify single use which is a bit of a hassel and they are the most expensive. I think they are the lightest 'though.

:blink: What they mean with Single use is one chain one link. New chain - new link! Easy!

You can remove your chain as many time as you like but as soon as you replace your chain, you replace the link.

Sram ones are the best! I've tried them all KCNC, YCNsomething, Dura Ace and they were all crap.

Sram link can go on any brand of chain as long as you match the speeds.

I heard you can save a few milligrams by shaving your valve caps, tried that?