Henry's service is on Monday.

Date: Monday, 9 January 2012

Time: 13h00

Venue: Old Apostolic Church

OAC Hall

Cnr. Tambotie and Hibiscus Ave

General Alberts Park

Alberton

(Please note that there are no signs indicating a church in the area – it is located opposite the Shell depot in Alrode).

• 2 weeks later...

http://cdn.24.co.za/files/Cms/General/d/1738/3d58c72e88b84d1280d3651a1df97e84.jpg

REMEMBERING: Alberton cyclists put up a cross to mark the place where Thereza Kruger and Hendry Raats died when a police vehicle crashed into their tandem bike on the R155. (Nicolene Olckers, Beeld)

Any update on whats happening,

hows the investigation going, since it is police having to investigate themselves i'm guessing SLOOWWW

maybe some media attention is needed again.

G

just like those apes in their flashing blue light cars running people off the gauteng roads.If i look at the scene ,poor visibilty cannot be blamed.RIP

Last report I saw the families were looking for eye witnesses.

The driver of the police car said the tandem approached their car from the front, while forensic evidence showed different.

The investigating officer said they made progress but the news report said the police had done very little to date, like verifying the officer's (who was passenger) claim that he/she busy on a cellphone and didn't witness the accident (ie drawing cellphone records) or taking eyewitness' statement.

The case was passed to another officer.

Edited by Fester

Last report I saw the families were looking for eye witnesses.

The driver of the police car said the tandem approached their car from the front, while forensic evidence showed different.

The investigating officer said they made progress but the news report said the police had done very little to date, like verifying the officer's (who was passenger) claim that he/she busy on a cellphone and didn't witness the accident (ie drawing cellphone records) or taking eyewitness' statement.

The case was passed to another officer.

Useless the lot of them, the families should get an independant investigator.

It's also reported the families had made contact with the witness themselves last week. They've also requested an independant authority to take over the investigation.

Perhaps now the investigation will gain some momentum.

Useless the lot of them, the families should get an independant investigator.

David Klatzow springs to mind.