Shane Warne in road rage incident with cyclist

Lou Zealand

Shane Warne has had a run-in with a cyclist on his way home and has reported the incident to police.

In a Twitter rage, Warne said the cyclist had grabbed on to the back of his car for a free ride for two minutes and then, at a change of traffic lights, ridden past his Ferrari and hit the bonnet with his hand.

Warne said he yelled at the cyclist, who then pulled up in front of his car, holding up the rest of the traffic, and abused the cricketer.

"Its amazing how things pan out, I have only been saying recently please bike riders obey the road rules and keep it safe for everyone," the cricket legend tweeted.

Warne said he has contacted police and only wishes cyclists had to be registered and carry a numberplate.

-AAP

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ferrari is made by Fiat. Maybe it's the upmarket version of that Palio ad?

So GO v 2.0 emigrated to Oz?

That's one side of the story.....

Here is a bit more to the story:

It comes just days after Warne infuriated bike riders with a series of tweets calling for cyclists to face a ban if they don't ride single file.

Professional triathlete and six time Ironman champion Luke McKenzie accused the cricketer of inciting cyclist hatred.

Amy Gillett Foundation spokesman David Lee said it was disappointing to see Warne using his profile to inflame tensions between cyclists and drivers.

"Each road user group has a requirement to respect the rights of the other and inflaming the situation whether you are a cyclist or a driver, it doesn't help the issue," he said.

"We'd be really keen to get in touch with Shane through his management to try and help educate him a little further.

"His comments about riding single file for instance, many people don't realise that it is the legal right for a cyclist to ride two abreast.''

Bicycle Network Victoria spokesperson Jason den Hollander said that Warne should be aware of the road rules, and obey them like all other road users.

"As a long time resident of Bayside, he should know the rules. We've been disappointed to see his recent calls for cyclists to ride in single file, as that isn't the law or the safest option,'' Mr den Hollander said.

While Mr den Hollander refused to comment on Warne's latest brush with a cyclist without knowing the specifics of the incident, he said he was disappointed with Warne's overall attitude to cyclists.

"We would expect all cyclists to be good ambassadors for cycling, just as Shane has been for cricket. We hope he could also apply that to other aspects of his public life,'' he said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/warne-blasts-cyclists-on-twitter/story-fn7x8me2-1226246735306

"technically, the bonnet of a Ferrari is at the back"

Ferrari has started selling rebadged V8 Front engine Mazaratti's as Ferrarris. e.g. the California. Warnie probably has one of those.

We've been disappointed to see his recent calls for cyclists to ride in single file, as that isn't the law or the safest option,'' Mr den Hollander said.

Interesting.