ARGUS SEEDING

road

ANY ESTIMATION WHAT MY ARGUS START TIME AND SEEDING BATCH WILL BE ,BEING MY 1ST ?

DID 94,7 IN 4:31 AND AMASHOVA IN 4:11 .

AT WHAT TIME DO LAST RIDERS GO OFF ?

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I called the race office today and was told seeding and start times will be mailed to everyone end of Jan beginning Feb

I called the race office today and was told seeding and start times will be mailed to everyone end of Jan beginning Feb

I am a spot nervous with that........ at least it gives me time to train a little harder..... I see either an elite or A bunch start :eek:

At least my next start time will be before nine. Did a 3:56 last year. The late starts are not cool!

I am a spot nervous with that........ at least it gives me time to train a little harder..... I see either an elite or A bunch start :eek:

They don't take the year of the event into consideration (ie 2012) for seeding unless you pay them R50 for a re-seed with this years results, so your fate has been sealed my friend.

You will start in A, unless you have a racing license, then you can start in Elites, even if you're slow.

Edited by Zac.A

They don't take the year of the event into consideration (ie 2012) for seeding unless you pay them R50 for a re-seed with this years results, so your fate has been sealed my friend.

You will start in A, unless you have a racing license, then you can start in Elites, even if you're slow.

Do you seriously have to have a racing licence to ride elites? That sux if so! :thumbdown:

Edit: typo

Edited by Tiny K

Do you seriously have to have a racing licence to ride elites? That sux if so! :thumbdown:

Edit: typo

Yup, far as i know.

ANY ESTIMATION WHAT MY ARGUS START TIME AND SEEDING BATCH WILL BE ,BEING MY 1ST ?

In 2009 I did a 3:07 for Die Burger (97Km) and was seeded in L for 2010's Argus (did a 3:41 that year)..... can't remember start time though. It was my first year in cycling so it is pure results and not influenced by older results.

Edited by Tiny K

In 2009 I did a 3:07 for Die Burger (97Km) and was seeded in L for 2010's Argus (did a 3:41 that year)..... can't remember start time though. It was my first year in cycling so it is pure results and not influenced by older results.

In 2009 I qualified to ride VA (licenced group). The cycletour sent an email informing me to pay R75 for a licence to ride VA. If I chose not to pay I would be moved to A.

I obviously paid to get dropped after smits :lol:

This changed in 2010 as the licence fee was included in your PPA memebership and I paid nothing.

Not sure how it works this year and if elites and SV are different

Edited by Tjommie

At least my next start time will be before nine. Did a 3:56 last year. The late starts are not cool!

Yeah, literally, Michael.

That route under the blazing African sun is a tough one.

did a 3h01 Argus 2011...wonder what I will get?

Possibly A or B maybe C ..... I did a 2:57 last year from the E bunch. Obviously depends if you don't qualify for Elites / VA /SV / etc

Yeah, literally, Michael.

That route under the blazing African sun is a tough one.

It's those that spend 6hrs plus on the road that should get special medals. We start early, ride hard and finish early. They start late and finish very late :eek: :whistling:

You won't go off near the last riders, you must remember alot of the riders have done no seeding rides and a 4:31 is not too bad.