2012 Ironman

GSNieP

Any other Hubbers crazy enough to do it this year?!

Started my 12 week Ironman training on Monday and will either be super fit or dead on the 22nd of April

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of Joberg2C any other teams looking for a Physio? We taking ours with (yes, she's hot and beers are included).

Not only crazy enough to do IMSA, but to follow it up with Joberg2C, 5 days later, followed by Comrades and 70.3 World Champs in Vegas.

How long after Comrades is World Champs?

According to my coach, not far enough! 12 weeks! I told her Africa is no place for Sissies. Now I just got to get a Kona slot to really make things interesting!

That's what my coach says. But the way I figure it, is that unless I go to the US and spend 2 months acclimatising to the weather, I'm not gonna win it, no matter how much faster I get. I'm no spring chicken, so finishing all these races is my challenge, this year.

Just becareful hey.

My cousin (a Biokinectist for Cape Cobras), has a friend that did Two Oceans full Marathon, Ironman, and then blew up at Comrades.

Else I wish you all the best.

Speaking of Joberg2C any other teams looking for a Physio? We taking ours with (yes, she's hot and beers are included).

Mrmed - more details on your physio - might be keen - see you in heidelberg & in PMB (giving PE a miss this year)

I will be at IronMan 2012 and I thought I was a bit nuts to do it so soon after the IronMan 70.3 but mrmed has outdone us all

Attempting my first Ironman (actually first triathlon) this year. Looking to finish and just enjoy the day. Training have been going well (reaching my personal goals) and might actually go for a sub-13, which would be equal to a new course record if I was Raynard Tissink :clap:...

I will be at IronMan 2012 and I thought I was a bit nuts to do it so soon after the IronMan 70.3 but mrmed has outdone us all

Laughs, actually I'm quite enjoying racing / taking part in events this year after racing only 4 times last year.

I was chatting to a friend this morning at gym and we were saying how nice it is to take part in a lot of events. She says she's going to do some Tri's as a team with her boyfriend where they each do their weakest disipline as fun events to take the pressure off (she won her AG at IM 70.3SA).

Did the JoburgCity Tri this weekend and am thinking about doing the Prestige 70.3 on 19th Feb and Buffelspoort 70.3 on 11th March.

• 2 weeks later...