99er Start Time / Seeing

Denny Menchov

I never said anything about old fat guys on MTB's but I never expected DL to be there...... it'll make for really interesting racing though. :thumbup:

Sorry for the conjecture on my part :oops:

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the conjecture on my part :oops:

But I do concur - I thought the big boys were taking a break this weekend...... but then again DL is in stealth mode and not popping his head up in too many places.

Spotted a SV cyclist that I know, doing the race too. Seems like the bunch is going to splinter a couple of times :eek: :whistling:

... but I never expected DL to be there...... it'll make for really interesting racing though. :thumbup:

What do you mean you never expected Darren to be there? He won the race fresh after winning SA's last year and PPA gave him a B seeding for the win :lol:

We had a nice ride until I started saying my goodbyes on the N7 before turning left towards Vissershok. That was the last I saw the Champ.

And afterwards Guttergoat had a hissie fit and attacked just about every single elite & sub vet for sitting in the front bunch and not doing any work.

Jy moet aandag gee in die klas!

;)

What do you mean you never expected Darren to be there? He won the race fresh after winning SA's last year and PPA gave him a B seeding for the win :lol:

We had a nice ride until I started saying my goodbyes on the N7 before turning left towards Vissershok. That was the last I saw the Champ.

And afterwards Guttergoat had a hissie fit and attacked just about every single elite & sub vet for sitting in the front bunch and not doing any work.

Jy moet aandag gee in die klas!

;)

I guess Darren wasn't as good the 'Ghostrider' :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Guttergoat - who is he? I remember him ranting on the hub a while back - possibly the 99'er last year. Can't remember :blink:

You organise an entry yet?

Guttergoat - who is he?

Don't worry, we know!

You organise an entry yet?

Was going to buy Buzzman's from him but the organisers are not allowing substitutions

R280 for this race is plain crazy ... I hear you, I shouldhve entered earlier but sometimes life is a little unpredictable.

Was going to buy Buzzman's from him but the organisers are not allowing substitutions

R280 for this race is plain crazy ... I hear you, I shouldhve entered earlier but sometimes life is a little unpredictable.

That sucks! I guess your income is also a bit unpredictable too...... :whistling:

Don't worry, we know!

Apparently they do, and registration.....cost is fifty someting rand

The seeding for this race is surprizing in many respects.

Very intriguing and will make for interesting bunch finishing positions.

Many riders are gonna cry for their Mamma over the last 20 kms.

Having written that, have a super race! :thumbup:

Don't worry, we know!

fyi,

late entries arent seeded, so you start with the plebs @ the back

As you bleed from the ears and sunscreen is burning your eye balls up Vissershok, pay attention to the many shorter route riders strolling...

Looking forward to the race reviews.

:whistling:

As you bleed from the ears and sunscreen is burning your eye balls up Vissershok, pay attention to the many shorter route riders strolling...

Looking forward to the race reviews.

:whistling:

Look out for me too, standing next to the road, cheering you on.

Are you the one, Wannabe, with the cooler box filled with icy cold Cokes at the 4 way stop at Contermanskloofpad?

:w00t:

Are you the one, Wannabe, with the cooler box filled with icy cold Cokes at the 4 way stop at Contermanskloofpad?

:w00t:

Now that's an idea. Wonder how much they'll pay me for a cold Cola? Maybe I must sell Vooma gels also!! :devil:

Now that's an idea. Wonder how much they'll pay me for a cold Cola? Maybe I must sell Vooma gels also!! :devil:

can I give you R50 now? that is what I will be willing to pay for a ICE cold coke by then. Maybe even R100 if it goes to 34 degrees!

What?

None of the GOOD STUFF?