[Event] Medallion Tour De Stellenbosch

medallioncyclerace

Dude! You just posted my name on a public forum to bring disrespect to me, before doing your homework and obtaining the facts. Take it up with Racetec and tell them to teach their staff not to let riders through if they are late. We explained that our times would be faster; to which they (the Racetec Officials) replied "No we still get a "Block" starting time of the "C" bunch, and told us to go through.

I have just emailed Racetec, explaining, in full, the facts you were not privvy to. I have also asked them to rectify the reult.

Don't post names before you have the facts. Thanks and have a nice day. :thumbdown:

Posted as it showed...when corrected cool!

And as for the results everyone see them....so I am sure a few other people had the same questions.

Edited by MTB_Roadie

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted as it showed...when corrected cool!

And as for the results everyone see them....so I am sure a few other people had the same questions.

Then feel free to send a msg directly to the person you feel has transgressed. Or take a more diplomatic approach. Lest you end up with foot in mouth. Mmmmmm?

To all * riders - My most sincere apologies for this ****up; we were waved though by the race tec officials. We have emailed them. They will rectify the result. Respect to you all and your efforts on the bike, and to your results.

And really, check my final result. Check My results for the last few races. Five min more or less wont change anything - I will still be the Kakkest rider on the hub. :clap:

Edited by firewolf

atleast the "medal" they gave us can b put to use as a license disc sticker/holder :whistling:

I was also hoping for another hunk of chinese scrapmetal to drape proudly about my neck.

Otto says it best:

Racetec got my time wrong as well. I started in L group and they have got me positioned in O. So right now I did a super solo out of the O group. :eek: I have emailed racetec. We'll see what happens

Babse: My licence disc is about to expire, so ironically I can actually use mine. :D

Number N233. I still commented on it going up the little climb just after the turn. At this stage there was a "I" rider also with us (I418) that also just appeared.

Could the N guy have done the short route and that we caught him / he caught us (legitimately, that is)

Are you guys are talking about the guy who won N-group? if you look at his results i reckon he caught you guys legitemately.

One of the U16's touched wheels up Helz, this was already the top 8, he was in 6th, so he crashes, me and another guy take evasive action which involved us swerving all over the road.

So then we get dropped because of the gap, so it's now 3 upfront from an earlier break, 6 in the "main bunch" 2 in the 2nd bunch on the road (me and this other guy) and then the guy who crashed (JC Jantjies)

By the top of helz I've dropped the one guy, caught 2 from the break, and JC came flying past me.

Rode the rest of the ride with one of the guys from the break, who refused to work at all, so I paced from 20-60km by myself, no one caught us, we passed the last person from the break, and low and behold, I get out sprinted after working for 45km.

Finished with a 1:59 so can't really complain, think I was 8th.

Enjoyed it though, great training :lol:

That is Bloody Good Zac.A WELL DONE!!!!

How do people remember the numbers of these guys, I and N? I am so tired I can hardly see my garmin telling me my cadence is too low, let alone try remember people's numbers. (or Maybe I am at the front helping pull the bunch, so cant see whats happening in the bunch. :o :D :P ) I don't think many people are worried about a finishing position, more the 2 minutes added on, that will effect seeding. I love my H group but would not mind starting in D, E, F...

Erm, at that stage I was in the middle of the bunch, taking a bit of a breather after pulling the bunch / working in front from where we turned left off the Wellington road towards Fruitsellers 4 way stop, all the way to the turnoff at Spier, where I started to cramp a bit. So yeah, I did my fair share at the front. And to then see guys there that obviously does not belong there, I tend to make a mental note.

If you were at the front, you would have seen me. Red helmet, Blue Metropolitan kit, white Solis bike. :whistling: ;)

Are you guys are talking about the guy who won N-group? if you look at his results i reckon he caught you guys legitemately.

Dunno if its the guy who won N, this was a scrawny youngster, hiding in our bunch.

I spent the weekend in Stellenbosch visiting my daughter. I am certain that I did not want to be those backmarkers who were still riding after midday. The temperature was 36 deg C.

Had a very satisfying race.

Vet group leaders broke away up Hels, those guys and girls are just to strong for me (this season). I sat with a smaller mix group of Vets, Masters and Ladies. I did quite a bit of work pace setting for the group up Hels, felt happy with that as previously these guys had dropped me at the top. Continued to take turns setting pace after Hels and after about an hour we caught another group of vets, again very happy with my training progression to have been able to set pace and bridge the gap. We were then caught by A-C Leaders and Tandems, I got my pacing wrong and got dropped on one of the rollers around the 1h20 mark.

3 of us formed a group that soon became 5, and then some more A-C and Tandems caught us. Nice big group now, sat and paced well with them, took some turns on the front nothing major (so as not to get dropped again).

Pace picked up throuh Stellies and I kept up. Finished 2h40, 30 min better than last year. Happy with improvement, and looking forward to Bay City.

I spent the weekend in Stellenbosch visiting my daughter. I am certain that I did not want to be those backmarkers who were still riding after midday. The temperature was 36 deg C.

I only finished at 11. It was the hottest I have ever felt on a bike

Does anyone have any info on the rider that was lying next to the side of the road with 7km to go. It looked as if it was an accident. Two bike marshals waved us past and a shade structure was erected over the rider. Didn't look good.

That is Bloody Good Zac.A WELL DONE!!!!

Hey man, spotted you in the mix yesterday. :thumbup: Still shouted but As most guys are, you looked in the zone. :ph34r:

How do people remember the numbers of these guys, I and N? I am so tired I can hardly see my garmin telling me my cadence is too low, let alone try remember people's numbers. (or Maybe I am at the front helping pull the bunch, so cant see whats happening in the bunch. http://1.1.1.5/bmi/www.thehubsa.co.za/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/ohmy.png http://1.1.1.1/bmi/www.thehubsa.co.za/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.png http://1.1.1.2/bmi/www.thehubsa.co.za/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.png )

I don't think many people are worried about a finishing position, more the 2 minutes added on, that will effect seeding. I love my H group but would not mind starting in D, E, F...

Absolutely - I couldn't give a toss where I finish cos I'm really not good enough to worry. But a 2min difference after taking into account the adjusted winners time and the Beta thing they use for seeding can be 4-5% on your weighted seeding. I'm just lucky cos I really think that H group is where I belong at the moment, cos although at times yesterday I thought we were going too slowly as a group, I managed to climb the last hill quickly for a change and had a nice ride, including some leading, and could never keep up with the Hels-goats!

RE remembering the numbers I think I was riding passed Wannabe as he commented about the little N fella and we all saw the number!

Erm, at that stage I was in the middle of the bunch, taking a bit of a breather after pulling the bunch / working in front from where we turned left off the Wellington road towards Fruitsellers 4 way stop, all the way to the turnoff at Spier, where I started to cramp a bit. So yeah, I did my fair share at the front. And to then see guys there that obviously does not belong there, I tend to make a mental note.

If you were at the front, you would have seen me. Red helmet, Blue Metropolitan kit, white Solis plastic bike. :whistling: ;)

There, I fixed it :thumbup: ;)