[Event] Medallion Tour De Stellenbosch

medallioncyclerace

the racetec guys let a couple of guys through to their groups after the following groups had crossed the mats ????

And explain this to me, we caught the stars and yet their times show 2:43 and ours 2:42 when we started 5 mins after them???

No you didnt, a few of us crossed the mats well ahead of some other star riders, you probably caught the people that were dropped

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rising Star riding finishing on Page 1 of Racetec results in 2:24.

9 mins before 2nd spot.

Thor Hushovd-like effort?

:excl:

Thor Buttox type effort... i.e. "my ass!!" :whistling:

I see we had another 4 mystery star riders that broke away somewhere again....ai....why can't people just be honest, yet they have not even been considered in the points and we had the leading think bike marshall with us all the time.

The 4 names as follows:

Keep your panties on dude, I'm one of those names and have already contacted racetec about an obvious mistake.

No you didnt, a few of us crossed the mats well ahead of some other star riders, you probably caught the people that were dropped

Standing in H at the start there were definitely guys who went and joined groups ahead having crossed the mats a while after H group went over. But other than two guys who came passed us at Pniel like the group was standing still (and who didn't have race numbers on), it is really unlikiely that the J group is right! And there was a tiny little N-group guy who suddenly popped up in the H group at Spier from nowhere, and who would never time-trail on his own!

the racetec guys let a couple of guys through to their groups after the following groups had crossed the mats ????

And explain this to me, we caught the stars and yet their times show 2:43 and ours 2:42 when we started 5 mins after them???

Yes I was one of the guys the Race tec people waved through; even after we had explained that our times would be wrong. As in cheatinf wrong. They said not to worry, we still get a "block' starting time for the C group.

Anyway that is not the case, and have just emailed Racetec to rectify the result. Respect to ya all.

There are some I group riders' results which is right up there as well on the scoreboard.

:excl:

Is something wrong with the system or are riders time doping?

I see we had another 4 mystery star riders that broke away somewhere again....ai....why can't people just be honest, yet they have not even been considered in the points and we had the leading think bike marshall with us all the time.

The 4 names as follows:

Dude! You just posted my name on a public forum to bring disrespect to me, before doing your homework and obtaining the facts. Take it up with Racetec and tell them to teach their staff not to let riders through if they are late. We explained that our times would be faster; to which they (the Racetec Officials) replied "No we still get a "Block" starting time of the "C" bunch, and told us to go through.

I have just emailed Racetec, explaining, in full, the facts you were not privvy to. I have also asked them to rectify the reult.

Don't post names before you have the facts. Thanks and have a nice day. :thumbdown:

If the timing system, including the officials, bring doubt to the results of riders, then it can create conflict and bring disrepute to cycling here.

Not good.

Uncool.

Wannabe: jammer ek't jou gemis - het nogal vir jou uitgekyk!

See you guys at Bay City!

Denny, het ook vir jou gesoek. Het later 'n ouerige Outrider ryer gevra of julle die Gazebo daar het, of hy weet waar ek jou kan kry. Hy het gese daar is nie een nie, en dat hy vroeer met jou gepraat het en hy dink jy is alreeds weg. Dit was net so na 10h00.

Ek het toe maar gery.

Sal die goed Sondag by Bay City vir jou gee, tensy jy dit dringend nodig het, dan kan ons 'n plan probeer maak.

Keep your panties on dude, I'm one of those names and have already contacted racetec about an obvious mistake.

@crashtestdummy

Can you believe this dude? Perhaps he thinks a "name and shame" approach will help us curb our evil, cheating ways?

Oh well, its been awhile since I saw my name in print. Or on a computer screen. Maybe 3rd degree will ask to interview us?

"3rd Degree breaks Local Funride Cheating Scandal!"

Edited by firewolf

If the timing system, including the officials, bring doubt to the results of riders, then it can create conflict and bring disrepute to cycling here.

Not good.

Uncool.

We actually stood to one side to let the stars bunch pass, with the intention of crossing the timing mats with the "E" bunch. The two race tec guys told us it is ok to go through, even after we explained the result would be cooked.

Damm.. Another funride shot to hell.. Hells hoogte was fun though.

Respect to you Dale.

Standing in H at the start there were definitely guys who went and joined groups ahead having crossed the mats a while after H group went over. But other than two guys who came passed us at Pniel like the group was standing still (and who didn't have race numbers on), it is really unlikiely that the J group is right! And there was a tiny little N-group guy who suddenly popped up in the H group at Spier from nowhere, and who would never time-trail on his own!

Number N233. I still commented on it going up the little climb just after the turn. At this stage there was a "I" rider also with us (I418) that also just appeared.

Could the N guy have done the short route and that we caught him / he caught us (legitimately, that is)

Alphabet racing is very serious stuff - finishing 243rd rather than 242nd is hugely embarrassing. All those hours spent training, practicing how to wheel suck and avoid the front of the bunch would have been wasted if you hadn't emailed them. That and the fact that being classified as a Star is something you probably don't want on you palmarès.

Started in A-D, lost the front guys up hels. We then formed a great bunch trying to chase the front A-D group. 80km later we caught them in Stellenbosch!

The front front guys of A-D stayed away the whole day ;)

Like i said before, the J group results are correct except for the first three riders. They must've crossed the timing mats at the start quite a while after the group went through. The first 2 riders having done so quite a while after the J group went through, the 3rd rider a little less so. There was quite a long wait between crossing the mats and actually starting.

I would suggest that Racetec let the groups cross the mats closer to the time that they actually start. There should be less inconsistenceis then. Or they should not allow a rider to join groups ahead of the one they crossed the mat with.

How do people remember the numbers of these guys, I and N? I am so tired I can hardly see my garmin telling me my cadence is too low, let alone try remember people's numbers. (or Maybe I am at the front helping pull the bunch, so cant see whats happening in the bunch. :o :D :P )

I don't think many people are worried about a finishing position, more the 2 minutes added on, that will effect seeding. I love my H group but would not mind starting in D, E, F...