Basso to Barloworld???

Cruxpearl

Imagine Basso doing the Argus and 94.7... Would be awesome... Race tempo will be seriously high cause everyone would want to beat one of the or maybe not so greats... Would be cool I reckon... First sub 2 hour 94.7 Dead

What!? No one done a sub 2 Argus...

Well now there's a New Year resolution...Wink

SwissVan2007-12-28 03:39:01

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Millar was welcomed back without any problems, so why not Basso. As long as he doesn't start blowing the ant-doping trumpet like the hypocrite Millar. He must just keep his mouth shut and ride his bike, and win of course.

Imagine Basso doing the Argus and 94.7... Would be awesome... Race tempo will be seriously high cause everyone would want to beat one of the or maybe not so greats... Would be cool I reckon... First sub 2 hour 94.7 Dead

What!? No one done a sub 2 Argus...

Well now there's a New Year resolution...Wink

LOL Think the fastest Argus ever was a 2h 22min by Alexandre Vinokourov back in '95 

(http://www.winningtime.co.za/lookups/GetResults.asp?Post=true&RiderID=49293)

not 100% sure... but who has gone quicker than that?

Guest colonel

Wouldnt TBW be as guilty as him to hire him then? Let him ride so what he has done his time and that fake Miller is riding again and I bet he isnt clean.

Wouldnt TBW be as guilty as him to hire him then? Let him ride so what he has done his time and that fake Miller is riding again and I bet he isnt clean.

No TBW would not, LEGALLY speaking that is. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Morally I believe it would be wrong, I find it difficult to support a cheat, even if he / she is a FORMER cheat.

But then I suppose society is used to turning the other cheek... only to get bitchslapped again LOL

Guest colonel

Gibbs got bust for smoking weed in India/Pakistan and is still meant to stand trial there but SA cricket still employ him. WHY? Cause he is good at what he does its the same here with TBW wanting him he is a good cyclist and they will get results from him and he will attract outside money to the team regardless of his doping ban or not.

Gibbs got bust for smoking weed in India/Pakistan and is still meant to stand trial there but SA cricket still employ him. WHY? Cause he is good at what he does its the same here with TBW wanting him he is a good cyclist and they will get results from him and he will attract outside money to the team regardless of his doping ban or not.

Gibbs was bust for smoking in West Indies but is wanted in Ind/Paki for match fixing. remember Hansie said he must lose his wicket on 25 runs but he was batting so well he forgot about it. dumb c**t. 

Jaaa its a sick world, to much tolerance. Its time we started cutting culling back?to many people on this rock causing to many problems, just cause we so tolerant theyr'e allowed to come back and cause more kaka!!

They should relocate all the dopers to TEXAS.... The death penalty capital.

I don't see Basso becoming an anti-doping spokesman. He is too quietly spoken. I bet he will go about his business as he always has and try not get caught this time.

Millar however still strikes as guilty as he is quick to criticise and talk in general terms about doping. As soon as he gets to talking about himself he reverts to the dopers rhetoric. "cycling is doing more than any other sport", "the sport is clean now", "I've been tested a gazillion times" etc, etc.

can't really compare this though... weed didn't make him a better cricketer.

I do believe in second chances but lets admit in cycling things have got out of hand.

Guest colonel

[quote=butafly

Gibbs was bust for smoking in West Indies but is wanted in Ind/Paki for match fixing. remember Hansie said he must lose his wicket on 25 runs but he was batting so well he forgot about it. dumb c**t. 

Am I the Dumb c**t??