What road bike for budget ?

Cav'

So....

Im looking for a new roadbike for a budget of between R20k and R22k

What do you recommend ?

1. I almost bought the Bianchi Centostrade 2012 but im hitting the brakes because of the low level groupset (veloce) for the price.

2. Then there is the cannondale supersix 5 (105 )

3. Look 566 ( 105 )

4. And then a bunch of other bike that gets you ultegra for the price (Giant,merida,Ghost,trek)

I would however prefer a campagnolo grouset ( dont know why )

and a carbon frame is a must.

Any advice on the above or any other options maybe....

thanks

the Campy gruupo alone is gonna cost lots - I was pricing the Chorus 2011 and it came in at R11k new......

Good luck with the buy. I scored a bit by buying my parts separate which cost me around R15k but value is at R30k.

What about Fondreist? CWC sells them. They also have Campy parts on special at the moment.

If you are keen on LOOK, give MRLOOK a shout. He was running some specials and as mentioned above, CWC has got the Campag Chorus on special. I would rather go for a better frame and down spec the groupset if need be. Of those 3 you mentioned I would choose the Cannondale.

What about Fondreist? CWC sells them. They also have Campy parts on special at the moment.

I'll have a look at them thanks Tiny K

Would also consider building up a bike

Edited by CyclingJan

If you are keen on LOOK, give MRLOOK a shout. He was running some specials and as mentioned above, CWC has got the Campag Chorus on special. I would rather go for a better frame and down spec the groupset if need be. Of those 3 you mentioned I would choose the Cannondale.

the cannondale is quite a nice looking bike saw one at my LBS however so is that Bianchi

Edited by CyclingJan

I'll have a look at them thanks Tiny K

Would also consider building up a bike

Cool - I got some stuff (frame, seat post, stem, bars, expander) from Etxeondo - think he is in Pretoria if I remember correctly.

the cannondale is quite a nice looking bike saw one at my LBS however so is that Bianchi

I used to ride a Bianchi.... was alu though.

I spoke to mr look already , very good prices but for a complete bike I'd have to save another year

Ridden the Supersix for the past 2 years now.

You won't be disappointed!!!

Absolutely awesome.

As for the 105......not bad.

I also prefer Campy but fortunately you can always buy bit by bit as you go along while cycling on an awesome frame.

Makes things just that little more interesting and fun!!

Good luck

Try Scott, They have awesome lightweight frames with decent grouppo for a fair price..... I'm sure you would get a Scott with Ultegra Grouppo that would probably weigh in at around 7.2kg's for that budget.....

If you'll look at a Moser let me know, I can bring you in a 111 full carbon with Ultegra or Athena for that price. WIth Fulcrum wheels. I've already brought in 2 from Italy over the last few weeks and they're fantastic.

post-294-0-93108900-1328877501.jpg

If you'll look at a Moser let me know, I can bring you in a 111 full carbon with Ultegra or Athena for that price. WIth Fulcrum wheels. I've already brought in 2 from Italy over the last few weeks and they're fantastic.

I don't know much about Moser but that it a sweet looking bike!

I'm surpised you can still get Ultegra equipped bikes for 20k. I guess they must be saving money on the wheels.

Depends on what you want the bike for.

If you are racing for a club and want a stiff light bike then go with the Cannondale but if you are a social rider looking for a light bike with relaxed geometry and a little flex go with the Look.

I have had a 566 for a few months now and i love the bike.

Edited by gummibear

I have Scott CR1 frame with full Ultegra, in my opinion a fantastic bike, you should get Scott for your price range with Ultegra, wheels may not be the best.

In your bunch, m pick would be the Cannondale (105) great looking bike, 105 is an under rated groupset, then you can always upgrade. I agree with the above post, always buy the best frame you can get, then upgrade components as you go.

LEt us know what you went for in the end?