99'er post race de-brief

Tiny K

with the rain and crashes it seems like this was "a good race to miss", as if there can possibly be such a thing!

chapeau to those who made it to the start and finish lines despite the weather. Hope those who crashed are back in the saddle soon!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 'Aurecon guy' is ex-SA Champ Robbie Rodrigues.

He stayed in front till the last climb, 500m from the finish, when Ashleigh Moolman-Pasio sailed past him to win the Ladies race (and, incidentally, beat all the Vets too).

I was riding $, and it was great to welcome her across the line looking so strong. She is truly a phenomenon to watch on a climb. Ash is one of the best things to happen to ladies racing in SA. One of the few chicks who wants to win her category (the WHOLE category), not just wheel suck whichever men's category the women are started with... Inspiring stuff.

I was there to witness it. She just flew up Odendaals. Quite phenominal.

I was initially seeded in B and asked for an upgrade to A, in hindsight I should have remained in B as they caught us in the first hour. A group was frustrating as nobody really wanted to contribute at the front, so myself and a couple of buddies tried to push the pace a little in the middle of the race. All the wheel suckers came out on the final climbs, go figure. Anyway, not too annoyed as its all Epic training for me. Its amazing how many bad riders there are in a bunch, you spot them from a mile away and stay well clear.

3:34 and 10th in A, happy with that.

He stayed in front till the last climb, 500m from the finish, when Ashleigh Moolman-Pasio sailed past him to win the Ladies race (and, incidentally, beat all the Vets too).

I was riding $, and it was great to welcome her across the line looking so strong. She is truly a phenomenon to watch on a climb. Ash is one of the best things to happen to ladies racing in SA. One of the few chicks who wants to win her category (the WHOLE category), not just wheel suck whichever men's category the women are started with... Inspiring stuff.

Awesome performance!

I'm with touristvisa on this, I must admit. I decided to have two coffees and a chocolate croissant at The Old Biscuit Mill with the Woodstock Cycleworks homies instead. Even so, it was a chilly ride and I turn inside out when it's cold or wet. Well done to all who did it, whether finished or DNF. Hope you accident victims get sorted soon.

So...

Seeding is up for the race, wonder who the rider is who would've got a 2:58 for the ride, seeing as D. Lill was riding...??

I'm with touristvisa on this, I must admit. I decided to have two coffees and a chocolate croissant at The Old Biscuit Mill with the Woodstock Cycleworks homies instead. Even so, it was a chilly ride and I turn inside out when it's cold or wet. Well done to all who did it, whether finished or DNF. Hope you accident victims get sorted soon.

Racing in the wet requires an extra set of bunch riding skills and a few extra prayers.

Never mind the wheelspray on my white shorts. :nuke:

So...

Seeding is up for the race, wonder who the rider is who would've got a 2:58 for the ride, seeing as D. Lill was riding...??

Something is wrong on the PPA website. I can't enter my ID nr.

Racing in the wet requires an extra set of bunch riding skills and a few extra prayers.

Never mind the wheelspray on my white shorts. http://1.1.1.4/bmi/www.thehubsa.co.za/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/nuke.gif

Was that you in the (transparent) white Garmin Cervelo kit in C group??? Big guy who was a brilliant group rider and wind protector, but who should "Say no to crack!"??

Was that you in the (transparent) white Garmin Cervelo kit in C group??? Big guy who was a brilliant group rider and wind protector, but who should "Say no to crack!"??

Unfortunately not...

That is a big no-no.

I wear blue or black in the wet.

*when you say to yourself to not look at the crack , you keep looking again... The mind's a funny thing...*

Unfortunately not...

That is a big no-no.

I wear blue or black in the wet.

*when you say to yourself to not look at the crack , you keep looking again... The mind's a funny thing...*

There's too much truth in them words... :eek:

So...

Ghost rider = what the pro teams would've done. Throw in Lill's whole Bonitas team as well as others, MTN for example, and they could've done that time. Or rather would have.

Beta says a small tiny bit harder than Argus, which I guess is due to the 99er being longer.

So...

Didn't even get to count as one of my top 3 :thumbdown: