Bike thugs

Wyatt Earp

I had an incident this morning that made me realise that we are not safe anywhere.

After our group ride, I left some friends and rode along Garden road towards home.

It's a busy road and I was on the verge, a big verge. I saw a guy walk towards me, I swayed away from him and he swung his elbow at me and proceeded to kick my seatstay.

I hit the ground hard and saw him coming towards me.

I shouted at him and when I stood up and he saw all the blood ,he bolted.

He ran all over the place, in between traffic and back and forth, I got hold of him once and he ran again.

He was stopped by a cyclist approaching from the opposite direction I originally rode towards. He started pleading and saying he was sorry, even offered me money.

This had me realising that these guys will seize an opportunity anywhere they can, be safe out there.

My shoulder is very sore as well as bumps on the elbow, had I not been cleated in, he would have made off with the bike.

post-4100-0-42338500-1329203315.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nasty world we live in :( I hope you guys called the police and had this guy arrested or something? Anyway, glad you are alive and well and hope you recover soon.

He was sorry and offered you money?

After trying to steal your bike?

The mind boggles!

Glad you got out of there (mostly OK)

Glad your ok Dangle....

I am also amased that no-one has blamed you yet like they normally do.....

Sounds like the thug was hoping you would hurt yourself when falling and be too stunned to react back.

What did you do with him? There are old and abandoned mine workings here in Magalies some with nice vertical shafts....just saying....!