Rugby...

'Dale

Not necessarily a bad thing for our Super Rugby teams. Nothing like a bit of fear of relegation to keep them honest and hard working...

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not necessarily a bad thing for our Super Rugby teams. Nothing like a bit of fear of relegation to keep them honest and hard working...

:thumbup: , imagine the Lions knocking out the Bulls/Stormers!!

I don't think the Lions will just let it go, Kevin de Klerk was livid with the decision after guarantee from SARU that they would assist in keeping them in.

:thumbup: , imagine the Lions knocking out the Bulls/Stormers!!

I don't think the Lions will just let it go, Kevin de Klerk was livid with the decision after guarantee from SARU that they would assist in keeping them in.

I am sure he is upset. He is the same guy that has been doing the same thing for years and getting the same results for years.

As for the kings in the Super 15 I am not sure about that. Rather leave Kings and lions out and have 4 stronger teams.

I will be buying a season ticket for the kings season though. Will be good to see all the other teams here

and what does that mean for Ellispark?

That's not a problem. They have been battling for years to fill the stadium anyway

Although I'm a huge Lions fasn, I am not surprised, they knew it was coming. At least the saga is over, after this year's Super Rugby season, we don not deserve to be there anyway, let's see what happens to the Kings, I reckon many of the top Lions playesr will now move to other franchises or to the Kings.

Although I'm a huge Lions fasn, I am not surprised, they knew it was coming. At least the saga is over, after this year's Super Rugby season, we don not deserve to be there anyway, let's see what happens to the Kings, I reckon many of the top Lions playesr will now move to other franchises or to the Kings.

yes, when you changing your avatar to yeti?

I agree

Kings are already talking to some local and overseas players, wonder if Josh would make the move

That's not a problem. They have been battling for years to fill the stadium anyway

Would be sad to see the stadium go

More and more calls for the Springboks to play at FNB stadium as well

The Kings will play SuperRugby for the 2013 season, with the lowest ranked SA side then playing the Lions in a promotion/relegation match

simple promotion/relegation will never be used - No matter how badly they do in the tournament the 5th team will have players of super rugby level contracted, the 6th won't.

They tried using currie cup as a qualifier before, but it didn't work so they made the Cats. With springboks missing for so much it's hardly fair and would only see the richer provinces hoarding players for backups.

There is no real answer that works for five teams - SA Rugby need to start throwing their weight around more come bargaining time, since we pretty much own the competition(through supersport TV rights).

edit* the lions have no one else to blame for this but themselves. They've been bottom of the SA teams 6/7 season now. As the financial centre they should take this as a proper gatskop and rebuild from the bottom to become a super power again.

Edited by The Dictator

I say let the Lions and Cheetahs play together again. As a Cheetah-fan I know that while we are making progress, we will unfortunately never be more than say a 8th place in the competition as it is. With the help of the Lions we can definately try for top 6 and playoffs. Still have the relegation game at the end of the season and if the Kings lose that then let them play with the Sharks the following season.

Just have more games in PE?? As for Ellispark I do appreciate the history but seriously it sucks to watch there these days. The park and ride takes twice as long as the game and the facilities are *** lets be honest.

Soccer City is there!!! Lets use it!

Anyways the games should be shared between Bfn and Joburg with 60% going to Bfn as they are the "senior" partner. Should the Cheetahs lose the relegation match end of season the roles can reverse???

Oh and I really think the Cats can work for sure. Last time they were coached by a New - Zealander and did ok.

Naka is a good coach. Having a team finish top half year in and year out with young players has too speak something about his coaching and I really think a guy like Taute could really do well in their type of gameplan. I dont like him as a person but he is a good coach............

If the Cats then can do top 6 in S16 then trust me, their top players wont leave to the bulls sharks and WP anymore.

Oh and I really think the Cats can work for sure. Last time they were coached by a New - Zealander and did ok.

Naka is a good coach. Having a team finish top half year in and year out with young players has too speak something about his coaching and I really think a guy like Taute could really do well in their type of gameplan. I dont like him as a person but he is a good coach............

If the Cats then can do top 6 in S16 then trust me, their top players wont leave to the bulls sharks and WP anymore.

No offense i know you a Cheetahs fan but i think one of the problems with the Cheetahs is there coach. Its the as i said before with the Lions, if you keep doing the same things you going to keep getting the same results.

If the Cheetahs and Lions formed the Cats again it would still remain the Super 15

Fabes

Well look at what the Cheetahs have to work with. Every year 10 new players as 10 other leave. If a coach had one core group of players for plenty of years then it is a bit easier to get results.

In view hereof I think Naka is a great coach compared to guys like Allistair dont you think?

I am sure he is upset. He is the same guy that has been doing the same thing for years and getting the same results for years.

As for the kings in the Super 15 I am not sure about that. Rather leave Kings and lions out and have 4 stronger teams.

I will be buying a season ticket for the kings season though. Will be good to see all the other teams here

I would do the same - it will be cool for you guys to be able to see some rugby for a change. If I was still living in P.E I would also have bought one.