Rugby...

'Dale

Have you guys listened to Rassie’s post match interviews?

He was/is trying various players to identify his best possible options for the Rugby Championship as well as next year’s WC.

New combinations cannot be blamed when discipline was the reason for giving away penalties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes....and I also listened to his pre match interview where he was already justifying a poor performance in the upcoming match

Sorry

It does not wash.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like Toeties scarred him for life. Must have the most horrible flashbacks of his time at WP / The Stormers, as he does not seem able to string a decent game together on Newlands....  :whistling:  :ph34r:

Well the springboks lost.... But Ireland took an historic series win in Australia. First series win since the 70s

And England gave the Aussies a snotklap in cricket - strange how Aussie cricket has gone downhill now they are trying to play clean !!

Have you guys listened to Rassie’s post match interviews?

He was/is trying various players to identify his best possible options for the Rugby Championship as well as next year’s WC.

New combinations cannot be blamed when discipline was the reason for giving away penalties.

IMO poor selections can absolutely be blamed for the loss... Jantjies was so *** that the whole back-line was nowhere. He consistently put us under pressure with errors and bad decision making that we forced into conceding penalties. 

And England gave the Aussies a snotklap in cricket - strange how Aussie cricket has gone downhill now they are trying to play clean !!

Highest odi total too

IMO poor selections can absolutely be blamed for the loss... Jantjies was so *** that the whole back-line was nowhere. He consistently put us under pressure with errors and bad decision making that we forced into conceding penalties.

No doubt poor selections, so that’s Rassie’s fault - but can you blame him when he’s trying to find a squad of players. Series won, allowed him to “experiment”.

However, the players losing turnovers in the rucks and giving away 3x the number of penalties was not Jantjies doing. The forwards were outplayed, making Jantjies even worse.

• 4 weeks later...

IF the hurricanes can beat the saders and the Lions win, is it then a final in jozi?

you'll see I put a big IF there

IF the hurricanes can beat the saders and the Lions win, is it then a final in jozi?

Yep, knockout rugby. Anything is possible. Let's hope lions pull thru either way

Should be in Jozi then yes!

I will be at the game on Saturday

Go Lions!

Good game today. Lekker vibe in the stadium as well.

lions never disappoint on an entertaining game!

whats the odds for next week? saders have looked consistently good all season (well from what ive watched anyway  :whistling:)

Hopefully lions can make it 3rd time lucky this year!!!

Finalist for the last 3 years. Lions had a dodgy start but came back and completely dominated the 2nd half. I cannot see them traveling to NZ to down Crusaders though but maybe the saying Third time Lucky will be in their favor. 

Finalist for the last 3 years. Lions had a dodgy start but came back and completely dominated the 2nd half. I cannot see them traveling to NZ to down Crusaders though but maybe the saying Third time Lucky will be in their favor.

Reality is that the conference system have given the Aus / SA conference a “free” ticket to the final since its introduction. If it was strength vs strength we would have had an all NZ semis and final.

In saying that, they’ve been the only ray of light in a very dark SA setup. It is a final and anything can happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reality is that the conference system have given the Aus / SA conference a “free” ticket to the final since its introduction. If it was strength vs strength we would have had an all NZ semis and final.

In saying that, they’ve been the only ray of light in a very dark SA setup. It is a final and anything can happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reality, you and many others, are correct. Me included.

Swys de Bruin has said that if the conference system didn’t exist, the Lions’ tactics would be different. As long as this (stupid) system exists, they only need to win their conference, and finish ahead of the Aussies to get home advantage in both 1/8 and 1/4 finals.