Rugby...

'Dale

Ok so job done. We have an unassailable series lead. I’d like to see a few changes for the Newlands test.

Kitshoff in place of Beast (gingers should be considered as quota players too [emoji6])

Kriel in place of De Allende

Steyn in place of Le Roux

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

He'll probably play Galant in place of Le Roux

And he'll probably rest Vermeulen... maybe play the other Du Preez bout

Would like to see Esterhuizen in place of Amm

Oh, and Britz will come in for Mbonambi.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll probably play Galant in place of Le Roux

And he'll probably rest Vermeulen... maybe play the other Du Preez bout

Would like to see Esterhuizen in place of Amm

Oh, and Britz will come in for Mbonambi.

Would be interesting to see what Rassie does next weekend. Building a squad towards the Rugby Championship and ultimately the World Cup next year.

Test some other combinations, so replace the center pairing, give Warrick Galant a proper outing, but keep the wings as is, they need game time. Same with Pollard and Faf, let them build their game together and start as many matches as possible.

Duane is a monster, but give you other loosies some game time now,

We need to keep a winning culture, so no wholesale changes expected.

I was a bit over rugby recently, but the last two weekends brought back some passion.

I'd be for resting Vermeulen - he was gigantic in winning the game and would not like to see him injured but replace him with who realistically?

Ok so job done. We have an unassailable series lead. I’d like to see a few changes for the Newlands test.

Kitshoff in place of Beast (gingers should be considered as quota players too [emoji6])

Kriel in place of De Allende

Steyn in place of Le Roux

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

De Allendale is really crud. He must have lost the ball in the tackle at least 5 times

I'd be for resting Vermeulen - he was gigantic in winning the game and would not like to see him injured but replace him with who realist

He MUST save Vermeulen for WC19. We are thin at nr 8. Whiteley not back yet, so try the other Du Preez boet, but then play Pieter-Steph du Toit at 7. You need meat in scrum back 3 somewhere...

Same at nr 10. Rassie's going to have to find another 10 somewhere... and I am no Jantjes fan, but he'll be there in 2019, so Pollard, Willems back, Jantjes will be there, maybe give the other Du Preez boet a run at 10...?

Same at 9. Faf's the best, has been the best for some time, Toetie didn't agree. Van Zyl obvious flavour of the month, then who? I like Reinach - same kind of gritty mongrel as Faf

Beast was not/is not a quota player. Not sure if you said this in jest or not...............however still not acceptable comment.

So did the Minister of Sport give SA rugby an exemption to having to pick at least 50% of the squad based on race? That would be good news indeed! Ps: you can be there on merit too, but for as long as the Sports Ministry has a say in selection, quotas will exist. We can pretend that they don’t, but that would be like telling ourselves that cycling is a clean sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

De Allendale is really crud. He must have lost the ball in the tackle at least 5 times

So true. Not a shadow of the payer he was 2 years ago.

Relax, he was making a joke about Kitshoff, not about Beast. I dont see any implication in that post about Beast’s status re quotas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed, but my view on quotas is that they exist, so quota players exist as well. You get quota players that are there on merit too. Beast is one of them, but in saying that, he is not our strongest scrummer. I would have Beast come off the bench rather than Kitshoff as Beast adds more in lose play.

What a solid performance by the Baby Frenchies

Defeating the champions from across the Channel

The wizardry of the Le Blues flyhalf

What a player ????????

I ended up watching the baby Frenchies although I've never seen so many massive U20's and I should have been working.  But the Pommy commentator got up my nose basically predicting that the Frogs would run out of puff (and lose).  Well they did to some extent and the Poms sabotaged themselves so by then the froggies were too far ahead to be caught. Entertaining.

So did the Minister of Sport give SA rugby an exemption to having to pick at least 50% of the squad based on race? That would be good news indeed! Ps: you can be there on merit too, but for as long as the Sports Ministry has a say in selection, quotas will exist. We can pretend that they don’t, but that would be like telling ourselves that cycling is a clean sport.

I agree with you. However, some may be picked on merit.....................others as token/quota. My opinion is Beast was never picked as a quota player...........picked on merit. It is unfair to assume all players "of color" are quota players.....never mind what "The Minister" has said. Many are picked on merit alone. My last comment on this.

Me and my mate joked it was the only time the ball ever left his hands... 

I do not see why coaches pick him, must be incredibly frustrating playing outside of him - hard to judge Am at all on these two games as he didn't get a sniff. 

Hopefully Rassies sees through De Allende quickly and we get to utilize our backline on the odd occasion heading forward. That said I do think our team was largely picked to counter the English style of rugby, but we'll need to step it up plenty heading forward. Not that that's anything new though 

Solid start to the new regime, good to see some pride and passion back - long may it continue

Edited by Andrew Steer

I agree with you. However, some may be picked on merit.....................others as token/quota. My opinion is Beast was never picked as a quota player...........picked on merit. It is unfair to assume all players "of color" are quota players.....never mind what "The Minister" has said. Many are picked on merit alone. My last comment on this.

Thanks goodness

Good game by the Boks.

Need to to work on our first 20 minutes, against better teams we wont be able to come back so easily.

Great game by the French against NZ, they kept on fighting with 14 players on the pitch. I see the red card will be rescinded after a review. Was a stupid call that should never have happened.

Me and my mate joked it was the only time the ball ever left his hands... 

I do not see why coaches pick him, must be incredibly frustrating playing outside of him - hard to judge Am at all on these two games as he didn't get a sniff. 

Hopefully Rassies sees through De Allende quickly and we get to utilize our backline on the odd occasion heading forward. That said I do think our team was largely picked to counter the English style of rugby, but we'll need to step it up plenty heading forward. Not that that's anything new though 

Solid start to the new regime, good to see some pride and passion back - long may it continue

Only time the ball goes outside him is when they skip pass him. I am not a fan but he didnt have a bad game last week.