Rugby...

'Dale

I heard that there was some biased officiating in the Bafana/Ghana match. The person commenting said that when an official has an off day, the mistakes are usually 50/50. This time it was 85% in favour of Ghana.

Apparantly they have approached FIFA. Wonder if they will get the same treatment as Rassie; probably not, because they didn’t make a video.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Frosty said:

I heard that there was some biased officiating in the Bafana/Ghana match. The person commenting said that when an official has an off day, the mistakes are usually 50/50. This time it was 85% in favour of Ghana.

Apparantly they have approached FIFA. Wonder if they will get the same treatment as Rassie; probably not, because they didn’t make a video.

The thing is, even if the ref was severely biased, it won't change the result. Has there ever been a sports result that has been overturned on biased refereeing? 

The ref will get n reprimand and could be demoted to league games, but I can't see FIFA calling for a replay of a match.

4 hours ago, Vetplant said:

The ref will get n reprimand and could be demoted to league games, but I can't see FIFA calling for a replay of a match.

There is precedent for that. SA were made to replay a match they’d won against Senegal after the Ghanaian officials were deemed to be match fixing with biased decisions.  The Ghanaian officials were banned from the sport for life.  SA lost the replay and Senegal were sent to the WC instead of SA.  After last weekend’s match, I’m inclined to think there’s an unholy cheating alliance between Ghana and Senegal.

Just writing that ‘cos those things happened.  I just don’t watch any SA or continental soccer any more, we’re terrible.  For many years SA’s national team has been ranked below Syria, a country that hasn’t had any soccer stadiums for almost 10 years now.  We are kaaaak, we should simply cancel SA soccer.

I’m struggling to get my head around the severity of Rassie Erasmus’ ban, or any ban at all.  Archaic regulations if he’s not allowed to simply point out dodgy decisions.  He’s not accusing refs of dishonesty or cheating, after all.

The two New Zealanders chairing the hearing seem to show evidence of bias themselves:

“We have no reason to doubt the genuineness of his (Siya’s) feelings. However, that is not the same as asserting as a fact that he had been disrespected nor that those feelings are correct,” the verdict read.

“During his testimony, Nic Berry told us that he had “massive respect” for Siya Kolisi as a person and as a player. We accept without reservation Nic Berry’s evidence that he, and his officiating team, did not intentionally disrespect Siya Kolisi.”

Somehow Kolisi’s lived experience was diminished by the panel as not being “a fact”, yet Berry and his team’s actions were unintentional.

The panel “without reservation” accepted Berry’s version, but had reservations about Kolisi’s feelings. Staggering. - Craig Ray

https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2021-11-18-rassie-erasmus-banned-from-matchday-activities-for-10-months-by-world-rugby/

Edited by justinafrika

4 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Apparently this is a fake Phil Kearns account. However, the fake Phil Kearns makes some valid points.

Am interested in knowing where you get that info?

11 hours ago, 'Dale said:

All 3 Southern teams L, somewhat bizarre - a tough year for the Bokkies.

I would take heart from the resolve shown by the Boks this year. They played rugby in a very disruptive environment.The only blowout was in that one game against AUS, still not sure what happened there. All other matches we were in it till the end.

I'd rather take these 1 point losses now and we learn and build for the next 18 months to be truly competitive at RWC 2023. Instead of being where Ireland was in 2017/18, dominating the rugby world and beating the All Blacks, but dropping out of RWC2019 without reaching the Semi's.

I hope they can relax and catch up on some lost time with loved ones during the December break. 

On 11/21/2021 at 9:43 PM, 'Dale said:

C07B21E3-7893-4AB0-AAB6-C435A5AFAE4C.jpeg

every time a NH team comes to the SH during our winter they get pumped.

On 11/21/2021 at 9:43 PM, 'Dale said:

C07B21E3-7893-4AB0-AAB6-C435A5AFAE4C.jpeg

England, Ireland and France are well poised to overtake us if they have a solid 6 Nations campaign. Thus, I will be rooting heavily vir Scotland, Wales and Italy when the tournament kicks off ;)

6 hours ago, Vetplant said:

England, Ireland and France are well poised to overtake us if they have a solid 6 Nations campaign. Thus, I will be rooting heavily vir Scotland, Wales and Italy when the tournament kicks off ;)

i don't think so.

for instance England, who are closest can't catch us even if winning every game 25-10

image.png.15dabc2160eca29729a9cc62b3181832.png

4 hours ago, Vetplant said:

Fantastic! So I can just revert to my standard approach: ABE (Anyone But England)

I once went to a talk Morne Du Plessis gave on his rugby life and he said the WORST thing you could do as a Springbok coach, was to lose to England..........then he hesitated a bit and said.........to lose against England in BLOEMFONTEIN!???? 

Edited by DJR