Rugby...

'Dale

"If we're brutally honest with ourselves we just weren't good enough tonight. We let people down who had started to believe in us again," Habana said.

"We have come on since 2012 but we can't use growth as an excuse all the time. If you want to become the best in the world you have to get there. The All Blacks also have new guys but they are still winning."

For what it's worth, I like the talk in this camp. Starting from HM and JdV and now the rest of the camp. Their attitude makes one feel they will get there.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, would the same then not apply for me who's supports the allblacks. I too have been brought supporting from a laaitie.

I've met many of the stars, I'll never forgot meeting the entire Chiefs at a training session. Ever since that day been a huge supporter. This was even before there thumping they took at Loftus Fortress

It's one in the same, we can support whoever it we want to. As to what 'Dale has said there's a time and place for everything. Let's talk rugby.... Not race or politics. Its discussed enough on other threads and forums.

The 'cape maori' trend is well documented, and has become incredibly politicised. The original reasons for supporting the All Blacks have long since changed, and the majority now scream in green and gold.

You’ve got the right to support who you want and I respect that, but as a ‘bittereinder’ you’ve got to expect the flack you’re going to get. Posting objectively is almost impossible and basically amounts to baiting a response, so why bother?

Even though we didn’t win the battle or the war, I think the one thing to come out of this rugby championships is that the tide has turned.

The results of the last ten years or so speak for themselves, take the rugby world cup out of the equation and the All Blacks have consistently been streets ahead of the rest. The Bledisloe cup, Trinations and Super rugby trophy has spent the majority of its time in the land of the long white cloud. They’ve also been #1 in the rankings, often with a big gap back to #2.

The tide has turned. The result of this year’s tournament was effectively over once it required the boks to get a bonus point try and restrict the All Blacks to zero points. The boks got that bonus point, but the strategy played into their hands. They were the better team on the day, but the dice was loaded in their favour. The celebrations in Eden Park, Argentina after securing a last gasp bonus point try and now Ellis Park show us that they are genuinely happy with this year’s tournament victory.

In the recent past, they would have conceded that this victory was tainted, it has an asterisk next to it. Let them celebrate it, they’ve peaked and are already on the downward curve.

I still think the difference between the two sides is at the breakdown. I read that HM says they've got it sorted now, although I read that to mean they're not giving away penalties on defense. But on offense, we still concede penalties for holding on, i.e. the opposing fetcher is contesting at the breakdown. Francois Louw has been up and down in this department. Coetzee and Kolisi are both great players at provincial level, but are neither fetchers or carriers. I think this is a weakness, that that freak Richie MaCaw exploited yet again on Saturday. He surely must be the best rugby player in the world.

The All Blacks are a class act, and thumped the Boks at fortress Ellis Park with 14 players for 20 minutes.

There were three defining moments for me on Saturday:

- when McCaw ran onto the field

- that crazy substitution of the the Du Plessis brothers in the 50th minute with a scrum on the All Black's tryline and a man down

- Zane Kirchner's mistake kicking out on the full from the "carry-back".

Currie Cup:

Looking forward to the top-of-the-table clash between the Sharks and WP.

Gonna be a bruising one.

A lot of the Boks will be back to serve their provinces.

The 'cape maori' trend is well documented, and has become incredibly politicised. The original reasons for supporting the All Blacks have long since changed, and the majority now scream in green and gold.

You’ve got the right to support who you want and I respect that, but as a ‘bittereinder’ you’ve got to expect the flack you’re going to get. Posting objectively is almost impossible and basically amounts to baiting a response, so why bother?

Fully agree. Couldn't agree more infact. I haven't been to newlands since high school season ticket days. The so-called "cape moari gang" has no place in the game. Hopefully I'm not painted with the same brush

I'm a supporter of the game, and specifically the brand of rugby... That of the AllBlacks is one I'm learned to admire and now i support.

PS. My brother and I support different teams, he Springboks me Allblacks, during the game we "worst enemies" after the game we shake hands, get on our bikes and ride as if it never happens. If only us hubbers could do the same

No-one has mentioned that crucial front row substitution. I think the game shifted significantly at that point. 5 m scrum on the opponents tryline, your put in...SURELY the last thing you do is sub the frontline?

Another slightly lesser key moment in my book is Foruie du preez's stupid cross kick to get the penalty in the first half. There was real opportunity there and if we had got a try there....who knows

What was positive for me is seeing some good backline tries involving positive line breaks.

Other than that...we need to spend the next month practising catching up and unders, because if I was Wales that is why I would be doing against us

Fully agree. Couldn't agree more infact. I haven't been to newlands since high school season ticket days. The so-called "cape moari gang" has no place in the game. Hopefully I'm not painted with the same brush

and that is what I was alluding to with the uitenhage supporters club...which is the same as the cape moari's.....

I dont agree with you per se...but I don't paint you in the same brush...even though i called you a tjop :whistling:

And once again, none of the bok supporters accept defeat from what has always been a much more prepared and classier out in the AllBlacks....

All thats mentioned is the ref and the fans!

Once again, Thanks!!!

The comments leading up to this post tell a different story to what you are trying to tell here Meezo.

This is not a post I would expect from you

You make do an excellent job with parts of the above. You need an understanding of the game to be a fanatic - from your comments it is clear you have none.

I disagree

No reply yet or are you still consulting???????

I actually have a day-job ou ballie. Once I'm retired I'll troll thehub full time.

I would definitely NOT support a Springbok side that is not selected on merit. Just like pre 1994 people were very right not to support a Springbok side that at that time did not fairly represent our country's rugby talent and heritage.

Earlier in the week you were very amped about Ellis park, well we all know what the scoreboard says.. Enough said. Brilliant display of rugby (don't need much knowledge to see who was the dominant team)

Earlier on i said nothing about the game. You are a useless troll and it seems you need to seek attention by supporting the All Blacks. You do not know much about the game of rugby, and that is why you called the All Blacks victory an hiding. You knowledge of the game seems minimal and you will be quite at home having a rugby discussion with a 10 year old.

The comments leading up to this post tell a different story to what you are trying to tell here Meezo.

This is not a post I would expect from you

Yes, and I've received my tjop'ness for it :ph34r:, compliments @Stretch

Currie Cup:

Looking forward to the top-of-the-table clash between the Sharks and WP.

Gonna be a bruising one.

A lot of the Boks will be back to serve their provinces.

I still think the one with the most spice would be the Cheetahs / Blue Bull clash to determine who works in the garden next week and who travels to Kingspark / Newlands for a semi.

Earlier on i said nothing about the game. You are a useless troll and it seems you need to seek attention by supporting the All Blacks. You do not know much about the game of rugby, and that is why you called the All Blacks victory an hiding. You knowledge of the game seems minimal and you will be quite at home having a rugby discussion with a 10 year old.

post-8906-1381135418,0056.jpg

I enjoyed the game on Saturday. Yes we were beaten but I think in the bigger picture there is a lot more positives to take out of the game.

We were always going to struggle having to score 4 tries and prevent the ABs from getting a bonus point. However I really enjoyed the way SA approached the game but unfortunately playing a NZ type rugby against NZ is always going to be a tough ask and unfortunately defense as well as some bad decisions by bringing on replacements to early cost us the game and the Championship. I think HM can take a lot from this game.

There are also a few passengers in the team that need to go ASAP

I actually have a day-job ou ballie. Once I'm retired I'll troll thehub full time.

I would definitely NOT support a Springbok side that is not selected on merit. Just like pre 1994 people were very right not to support a Springbok side that at that time did not fairly represent our country's rugby talent and heritage.

Geez between you and Dale cant you please get your dates right...It is 1992 not 94