Rugby...

'Dale

I've got tickets to this weeks Stormers game...anyone wants them?? i'll pay you R300 on top of it!! :whistling: :whistling:

I just cannot stand facing a defeat at home...

I think that one should keep up the support for their team through good and bad, as difficult as it gets.

I have been Natal supporter my whole life and the real old toppies out there will remember when they were relegated to the B division for a few years. They did manage to reach a Currie Cup final while down there(Against Province in the early eighties) Their supporters never wavered and it was the Natal Rugby Union that started first the semi pro era, and finally the full pro era. They never had the luxury of the big universities and a huge number of defence force clubs in their player pool so they did something different.

Mostly it was career opportunities and of course certain other incentives and look what happened in 1990! They won the cup convincingly against Northerns( the first and last time in100 years according to Naas) and the rest is history.

Stick with your team and the supporters voice may just force change!

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a Sharks fan at all (would rather support Worcester's Blind School's 3rd Team before the Sharks :whistling: ) but I predict they will do well (if not the best of the SA teams) in this years competition.

Criticism for the Stormers quite rough.

Early days, dudes.

:-)

Good for the Lions - they're looking good.

Congratz, Mackie and Scotty!

Dale, I am afraid they now go into a very rough tour after the Canes match. They have had to hit the ground running but they already started with a big faceplant.

Unless they change their gameplan quick they will have a very rough year. First they must replace both their number 9s. Louis is worse than Nic, but both are probably the most predictable 9s in SA. I don't think I have ever seen them break around the scrum. It's the same every time. The forwards fight to get the ball, and then he box kick it right into the arms of the opposition backline. He could just throw it over the scrum into the hands of their 10. Same outcome every time. And their pick and drive is poor. They either play laterally accross the field or go backwards. It seems there is no on field innovation. Stupid does as stupid says.

I like your positive attitude Dale, but this year will be a watershed year for Stormers and Bulls rugby.

BUT (and this comming from a Stormers supporter)...can you see any flaIR / IMPROVEMENT / FANCY GAMEPLAN??? All i see is one-dimentional play / inexperienced youngsters / old ballies / and it does not bode well for a tour to NZ...they are lightyears ahead of us!!

I'm out of the country, Cassie

Didn't watch.

As you state it, they're better be more dynamic than what you describe to to avoid the relegation scene.

Dale, I am afraid they now go into a very rough tour after the Canes match. They have had to hit the ground running but they already started with a big faceplant.

Unless they change their gameplan quick they will have a very rough year. First they must replace both their number 9s. Louis is worse than Nic, but both are probably the most predictable 9s in SA. I don't think I have ever seen them break around the scrum. It's the same every time. The forwards fight to get the ball, and then he box kick it right into the arms of the opposition backline. He could just throw it over the scrum into the hands of their 10. Same outcome every time. And their pick and drive is poor. They either play laterally accross the field or go backwards. It seems there is no on field innovation. Stupid does as stupid says.

I like your positive attitude Dale, but this year will be a watershed year for Stormers and Bulls rugby.

I don't think they can change their game plan because I don't think they even had a game plan on Saturday night against the Lions. Lets hope they adopt a game plan this week

Understood, Moridin...

It's still early days.

I'm still watching the cricket. :-)

Love the finesse of the Sharks.

And the determined play of the post-relegation Leeutjies.

GO STORMERS

Edited by ' Dale

Ja, let's hope something comes right in the Stormers camp. I had a hard day at Oak Valley on Saturday, and was hoping to relax and watch the Stormers klap the Lions.

Maybe it's poetic justice against me adopting the Stormers after I moved down from the Big Smoke in 94. I used to be a big Transvaal supporter. I even as kid had a white jersey with a red stripe across. Always played with my buddies in it. My boet is still a big Lions man.

Edited by Moridin

Understood, Moridin...

It's still early days.

I'm still watching the cricket. :-)

Love the finesse of the Sharks.

And the determined play of the post-relegation Leeutjies.

GO STORMERS

Yay - go Dale !!! :)

Edited by nickc

Not a Sharks fan at all (would rather support Worcester's Blind School's 3rd Team before the Sharks :whistling: ) but I predict they will do well (if not the best of the SA teams) in this years competition.

I'm with you here, they appear to be a cut above the rest of SA teams.

How long will the Stormers/Wp Administrators keep the coaching staff? If it was any other team, they would have been axed a long time ago..... :ph34r:

Unless they change their gameplan quick they will have a very rough year. First they must replace both their number 9s. Louis is worse than Nic, but both are probably the most predictable 9s in SA. I don't think I have ever seen them break around the scrum. It's the same every time.

How about the following as an idea/solution......Gio Aplon on scrumhalf. He has the skill capabilities, required physical characteristices and that nasty spurt of dinamo speed to really make it difficult for the opposition or serve as support runner to the midfield. Just an idea.....

Edited by BarHugger

First they must replace both their number 9s. Louis is worse than Nic, but both are probably the most predictable 9s in SA. I don't think I have ever seen them break around the scrum. It's the same every time.

I know someone who knows someone who knows some of the Stormers players.. So take this with a pinch of salt..

But apparently the half backs of the Stormers plays under strict instructions and a set of plans of how they should play for every part of the field / every scenario, and even get fined if they don't follow that set of rules. Which is probably why someone like Moridin can predict exactly what they are going to do everytime they get the ball. So I don't think its the individual's fault, remember it was pretty much the same when Dewald Duwenhage was there, very predictable.

I know someone who knows someone who knows some of the Stormers players.. So take this with a pinch of salt..

But apparently the half backs of the Stormers plays under strict instructions and a set of plans of how they should play for every part of the field / every

scenario, and even get fined if they don't follow that set of rules. Which is probably why someone like Moridin can predict exactly what they are going to do everytime they get the ball. So I don't think its the individual's fault, remember it was pretty much the same when Dewald Duwenhage was there, very predictable.

So does this mean someone might not be game fit but wants to be at the action the whole time......running and covering acres of field is such a drag.....keep the ball close-by......smile and wave for the TV camera.

But apparently the half backs of the Stormers plays under strict instructions and a set of plans of how they should play for every part of the field / every scenario, and even get fined if they don't follow that set of rules. Which is probably why someone like Moridin can predict exactly what they are going to do everytime they get the ball. So I don't think its the individual's fault, remember it was pretty much the same when Dewald Duwenhage was there, very predictable.

Jeez, I hope this is not the case, but if it is, then they deserve their drubbing. Rugby is not NFL where the strategy is set before each play. So if the 9 looks up and sees there is a huge gap around the scrum (opposition flanks are too slow and the backline shot up too fast for defence) then he is still supposed to do a box kick to get rid of posession. That is just so brain dead. No wonder any team with on field intelligence can eat us for breakfast.

Jeez, I hope this is not the case, but if it is, then they deserve their drubbing. Rugby is not NFL where the strategy is set before each play. So if the 9 looks up and sees there is a huge gap around the scrum (opposition flanks are too slow and the backline shot up too fast for defence) then he is still supposed to do a box kick to get rid of posession. That is just so brain dead. No wonder any team with on field intelligence can eat us for breakfast.

that is exactly what ive been told by a player part of the stormers squad, playing under instruction for every minute/phase they are in possession of the ball!

wonder why they scored "so many" tries for the last few seasons :cursing: