Rugby...

'Dale

The mind games start....

Lets hope he gets to meet the bokke one dark rainy night in a pub while they celebrating a victory over the AB's

Rattue is not a journalist but an attention-seeking troll. Not even the media house he rants for describes him as a journalist; rather they (euphemistically) call him a 'columnist'.

I gave up reading his drivel along time ago but he is click-baiter of repute. Don't get me wrong, I 'm pretty opinionated and enjoy hearing, disputing and debating opinions as long as they're backed by a modicum of intelligence.

Rattue's rants are void of intellect. Typically he bags the All Blacks (as nothing generates clicks in NZ like anti-All Black sentiment) but in reality he is a small, petty little man.

Don't let it get to you - hopefully if he's ignored he'll go away. If you get into a mind-game with this moron he'll likely drag you down to his level and beat you with experience!

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rattue is not a journalist but an attention-seeking troll. Not even the media house he rants for describes him as a journalist; rather they (euphemistically) call him a 'columnist'.

I gave up reading his drivel along time ago but he is click-baiter of repute. Don't get me wrong, I 'm pretty opinionated and enjoy hearing, disputing and debating opinions as long as they're backed by a modicum of intelligence.

Rattue's rants are void of intellect. Typically he bags the All Blacks (as nothing generates clicks in NZ like anti-All Black sentiment) but in reality he is a small, petty little man.

Don't let it get to you - hopefully if he's ignored he'll go away. If you get into a mind-game with this moron he'll likely drag you down to his level and beat you with experience!

And he's taking an absolute pasting in the comments section of his rag.

Great article that.. But people never read an article to the end so all of them have stopped half through and begin ranting

• 2 weeks later...

SA woke up this morning knowing that we were party to the biggest upset in Rugby World Cup history. We cant exactly remove the coach and captain, remove the politics that hangs like a sewer smell over the team or substitute players who are clearly past their sell-by date with deserving young talent. All we can do is continue to support them and hope that they go forward showing their opposition more respect than what they showed Japan. The main problem last night was that we did not take the points on offer thinking that Japan was going to roll over and play dead. The captain should have made the hard call earlier to not kick for the corners with each penalty and to take the 3 points each time closing the game out much earlier. France against Italy was a good example of how to do this.

SA woke up this morning knowing that we were party to the biggest upset in Rugby World Cup history. We cant exactly remove the coach and captain, remove the politics that hangs like a sewer smell over the team or substitute players who are clearly past their sell-by date with deserving young talent. All we can do is continue to support them and hope that they go forward showing their opposition more respect than what they showed Japan. The main problem last night was that we did not take the points on offer thinking that Japan was going to roll over and play dead. The captain should have made the hard call earlier to not kick for the corners with each penalty and to take the 3 points each time closing the game out much earlier. France against Italy was a good example of how to do this.

First I hear of the Boks not taking shots at goal. Disappointing. Regardless of that they still only have themselves to blame.

Only have  themselves to blame...sadly we are going to have a long world cup with old players clearly not quick enough for the current game. Victor is slow on defence, Jean is not confident on defense and was beaten twice. Jannie Du Plessis is also useless, Zane had no impact in the back. Habana is not a right wing and has never been it has been tried before.

What boggles me is that our game plan was not working but we did not change it half time. They were clever in the tackles neutralizing us quickly. Ruan Pienaar must deliver the slowest ball to the backline. Remove him and start Fourie and have Paige on the bench. Why the hell was Peter Steph du Toit started on the flank? He is a lock, suppose to fill the gap Bakkies left. We have enough flanks in the squad!

All being said I still have hope for the team, Japan have massive confidence out of this and should win another game in the pool stages(heck they might even be able to proceed to the quarters) . We got two points out of the game which could still help us win the pool.

We can't drop the Boks now, they need our support even more with the Western Cape wing of Cosatu issuing mindless political statements again 

the reason why rugby stands heads and shoulders above other sports is because it is a game of respect...on field the game is brutal and even gets heated at times..but through all that there is a respect for the officiators that has been lost in sports like football. Off the field we see players respecting each other who only minutes earlier wanted to rip each others eyes out. 

and then you get this....heartwarming

http://www.thesouthafrican.com/watch-manu-samoa-pays-tribute-to-joost-van-der-westhuizen-with-a-beautiful-hymn-video/

• 1 month later...

Nothing on the LIONS  :whistling:

They just cannot stand the fact that JD's Lions arose from the ashes, and was just like NZ, head and shoulders above the rest this year.

• 2 weeks later...