Rugby...

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno guys, one Swallow does not make a summer.

What I saw of the weekend (and I'm no Rugby expert) is that our standard of rugby is sub par with the Aussies and Kiwis. They are playing a much more structured and flowing type of rugby, compared to our "stamp kar" type of rugby.

We are going to have our hands full against them.

That Blues / Highlanders game was just a class act.

I dunno guys, one Swallow does not make a summer.

What I saw of the weekend (and I'm no Rugby expert) is that our standard of rugby is sub par with the Aussies and Kiwis. They are playing a much more structured and flowing type of rugby, compared to our "stamp kar" type of rugby.

We are going to have our hands full against them.

And the Lions are the first to be tested, they up against the Chiefs :whistling:

And the Lions are the first to be tested, they up against the Chiefs :whistling:

Yeah this one is going to test the Lions to the max... But we can do it... Nobody gave us a chance overseas last year and we walked away with 3 wins. #Lions4Life

Elton J is definitely a good prospect

Never received the confidence by a coach and the sustained opportunity to settle into nr 10

This could be a moment for him

With LambTjops and Pollard injured the next in line Fly Half for the Boks will have to be EJ. Under coach Ackers he is allowed to play his (Carlos Spencer induced) game. That stint at the Stormers (along with his father passing away) nearly killed his career because the Stormers did not want him to do what made him shine. He is the only #10 in SA that aggressively attcaks the line. Alot of the others seem to be scared to take contact.

Edited by PietSw

lol

http://www.rugby365.com/countries/england/71525-ban-tackling-in-schools

IN THE SPOTLIGHT: OVER 70 DOCTORS AND MEDICAL EXPERTS SENT AN OPEN LETTER TO THE BRITISH GOVERNMENT CALLING FOR TACKLING TO BE BANNED IN SCHOOL MATCHES.

They warn that school rugby poses a high risk of serious injury and urge educational institutions to instead adopt touch rugby or non-contact rugby.

The letter, signed by sport scholars, academics, doctors and public health professionals, said studies show that the risks of injuries for under-18 players "are high and injuries are often serious".

"The majority of all injuries occur during contact or collision, such as the tackle and the scrum," the letter said.

"These injuries, which include fractures, ligamentous tears, dislocated shoulders, spinal injuries and head injuries, can have short-term, life-long, and life-ending consequences for children."

The letter noted that many British secondary schools, for students aged 11 to 18, offered full-contact rugby as a compulsory sporting activity.

It also warned of the dangers of concussion and noted that people who have previously suffered concussion are more likely to suffer it again.

"A link has been found between repeat concussions and cognitive impairment and an association with depression, memory loss and diminished verbal abilities, as well as longer term problems," the letter added.

"Children take longer to recover to normal levels on measures of memory, reaction speed and post-concussive symptoms than adults."

The letter asserted that the government has a duty to inform children about the risks of injury enshrined in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.

One of the letter's signatories, Allyson Pollock from London's Queen Mary University, said: "Children are being left exposed to serious and catastrophic risk of injury."

lol

IN THE SPOTLIGHT: OVER 70 DOCTORS AND MEDICAL EXPERTS SENT AN OPEN LETTER TO THE BRITISH GOVERNMENT CALLING FOR TACKLING TO BE BANNED IN SCHOOL MATCHES.

They warn that school rugby poses a high risk of serious injury and urge educational institutions to instead adopt touch rugby or non-contact rugby.

The letter, signed by sport scholars, academics, doctors and public health professionals, said studies show that the risks of injuries for under-18 players "are high and injuries are often serious".

"The majority of all injuries occur during contact or collision, such as the tackle and the scrum," the letter said.

"These injuries, which include fractures, ligamentous tears, dislocated shoulders, spinal injuries and head injuries, can have short-term, life-long, and life-ending consequences for children."

The letter noted that many British secondary schools, for students aged 11 to 18, offered full-contact rugby as a compulsory sporting activity.

It also warned of the dangers of concussion and noted that people who have previously suffered concussion are more likely to suffer it again.

"A link has been found between repeat concussions and cognitive impairment and an association with depression, memory loss and diminished verbal abilities, as well as longer term problems," the letter added.

"Children take longer to recover to normal levels on measures of memory, reaction speed and post-concussive symptoms than adults."

The letter asserted that the government has a duty to inform children about the risks of injury enshrined in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.

One of the letter's signatories, Allyson Pollock from London's Queen Mary University, said: "Children are being left exposed to serious and catastrophic risk of injury."

Now if only we can get the New Zeeland medical and rugby fraternity to buy into this...

lol

The name of this new sport will be called Football.. or maybe chess

The name of this new sport will be called Football.. or maybe chess

will really help the english team make the playoffs too!!

Local commentator

"The Lions make a mockery of the stereotypes of South African rugby"

(Wide expansive play, thrilling and exciting)

Awesome to get back from a ride and see the Lions have done it again.

Endured many years of disappointment and if things can only get better, then... #happiness