Brumbies v Highlanders

Hurricanes v Sharks

Stormers v Chiefs

Lions v Crusaders

My predictions for the semi's:

Hurricanes v Highlanders

Lions v Chiefs

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

the Crusaders won by 6 when they last played this year, and last beat them in 2007. 

For the rest, I think you're right.

the Crusaders won by 6 when they last played this year, and last beat them in 2007.

For the rest, I think you're right.

I am hoping that the Lions have the ability to turn that around. I really think they stand a chance but they are going to have to play unbelievably well.

Can't see the Stormers getting past the Chiefs. They'll run them close I think. Ok more like hope but the Stormers have played well at home so they could just surprise us.

Played against each other 18 times with the Crusaders winning 14, cant see them beating the Crusaders.

Gamble by Ackerman to play a "B" side against the Jaguars but there was a danger of travel fatigue. With the loss so does our chance of playing the Sharks in the QF instead. 

Edited by scotty

Played against each other 18 times with the Crusaders winning 14, cant see them beating the Crusaders.

Gamble by Ackerman to play a "B" side against the Jaguars but there was a danger of travel fatigue. With the loss so does our chance of playing the Sharks in the QF instead.

Had his gamble worked you would've been playing the Sharks.

Genuinely think that you guys are in with a chance. Remember the Canes have done you a solid by knocking the Saders' confidence. Get a good start and you could best them. There's no real reason to believe that you won't be able to compete. You guys did beat the Chiefs at home remember!

QF line up, home teams first:

Brumbies v Highlanders

Hurricanes v Sharks

Stormers v Chiefs

Lions v Crusaders

My predictions for the semi's:

Hurricanes v Highlanders

Lions v Chiefs

Some awesome match-ups there ????

Had his gamble worked you would've been playing the Sharks.

Genuinely think that you guys are in with a chance. Remember the Canes have done you a solid by knocking the Saders' confidence. Get a good start and you could best them. There's no real reason to believe that you won't be able to compete. You guys did beat the Chiefs at home remember!

Crunch will be this weekend and whether his gamble paid off, the "A" team comprises mostly of the same players that did not outshine when playing the Kings. Having rested his "A" team and they still lose to the Crusaders he will have to reflect his decision. 

Crunch will be this weekend and whether his gamble paid off, the "A" team comprises mostly of the same players that did not outshine when playing the Kings. Having rested his "A" team and they still lose to the Crusaders he will have to reflect his decision.

Yes indeed. However he does have a near fully fit A squad to select from other than one Warren Whiteley. He doesn't have the same concern as Robbie Fleck who may have to play his current second choice flyhalf as his first choice is injured! Also the Lions have been excellent at home and this should aid your competitiveness in the QF. Again the manner of loss that the Saders suffered will also be playing on their minds even if subconsciously. Once again a strong start and you could very well best them. I reckon it's doable for your team to do.

Some awesome match-ups there ????

The matches involving my Stormers and the Lions will be good. The other games will be easy wins for the respective Kiwi sides. Edited by Mntboy

As a Lions fan I need Sharks to win, and as a South African I also need them to win, so please don't lose !

As a Lions fan I need Sharks to win, and as a South African I also need them to win, so please don't lose !

I think the Sharks are in for a solid caning!

Must say I lost interest in this latest super rugby games because of the format.

Couldn't agree more.

And in those few games I did watch, the ref seemed to always crook (where's BigH now?).

I for one am really looking forward to the next 3 weeks. The weaker teams are now out and the top teams will slug it out for the trophy. 

I think the Lions have a good chance of beating the Saders if they play to their full potential. whether they can beat the top 3 NZ teams in 3 consecutive weekends is another story (I'm assuming the other NZ sides will win their games).

Playing at Ellis Park will certainly help:

No travelling, unless the Hurricanes reach the final;

Altitude;

A really good season from the Lions.