Rugby...

'Dale

bronze for blitzbokke,

looks like the nerves got to us in that semi-final. a few crucial errors that could have easily been tries against team GB. A bit disappointed as we were looking good for gold   :thumbdown:  

You forgot about Fiji. I think they would have beaten us in the final anyway. You have to give it to them, they deserved this gold with all their 7s victories in the 7s series.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/aug/12/rugby-is-our-religion-fiji-erupts-in-celebration-of-olympic-sevens-gold

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You forgot about Fiji. I think they would have beaten us in the final anyway. You have to give it to them, they deserved this gold with all their 7s victories in the 7s series.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/aug/12/rugby-is-our-religion-fiji-erupts-in-celebration-of-olympic-sevens-gold

Silver would have been a good reward for the Blitzbokke but not to be.

Agree though, Fiji very deserving of the Gold!

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

Springbok team announced , and again no place for Jaco Kriel in the starting line up :thumbdown:

Springboks – 15 Johan Goosen, 14 Ruan Combrinck, 13 Lionel Mapoe, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Bryan Habana, 10 Elton Jantjies, 9 Faf de Klerk, 8 Warren Whiteley, 7 Oupa Mohoje, 6 Francois Louw, 5 Lood de Jager, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Julian Redelinghuys, 2 Adriaan Strauss, 1 Tendai Mtawarira.
Subs: 16 Bongi Mbonambi, 17 Steven Kitshoff, 18 Vincent Koch, 19 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 20 Jaco Kriel, 21 Rudy Paige, 22 Juan de Jongh, 23 Jesse Kriel.

Ozzie vs Kiwis. The Kiwis claim to have found a bugging device in their hotel meeting room. Ozzies say they know nothing about it. Always happens to the Kiwis. I have lost count of the number of times they have been spied on, poisoned and so on. I think they just make up stuff before hand in case they lose.

Ozzie vs Kiwis. The Kiwis claim to have found a bugging device in their hotel meeting room. Ozzies say they know nothing about it. Always happens to the Kiwis. I have lost count of the number of times they have been spied on, poisoned and so on. I think they just make up stuff before hand in case they lose.

In my best comic sans font

I agree, exactly how we would never ever speculate Froome of doping, he does not make his opponents 2nd best he makes them look average...

8 - 42 in favour of the AB's today. If the Aussies were spying it didn't help. Not one bit.

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

And Arg score 10 quick points while being a man short

Why was Mapoe's try disallowed? Am listing to the radio and somehow missed it?

I think I said it earlier in this thread, that AC will pick Juan de Jong no matter what and that will show his true collours. He did not play 15 man rugby for how long but he is the mesias ! I think we will see a huge exodus of players the next couple of years!

Why was Mapoe's try disallowed? Am listing to the radio and somehow missed it?

Lost the ball as he went over the line

According to commentators, he "Lost control of the ball", which is a knock on despite not "dropping" the ball.

I've searched the rules and it doesn't mention it so must be an interpretation of the rule.

Strangely said that the interpretation changed 2 weeks ago. Previously only had to touch ball with any part of the body, seems it is now a bit more like it used to be i.e. Use hands to place ball properly. Just guessing here ..

Edit : Stransky said ...

Edited by Joeboy69