The visitors had the better of both

the territory and possession, and

probably looked a little more slick

with ball in hand via their

dominance of the Carries : SA 76-97

ARG, Clean breaks: SA 4-8 ARG,

Metres run: SA 371-404 ARG and

Offloads: SA 4-13 ARG, but had the

Boks – who again looked like a side between game plans – slotted their three missed penalties, scored the try that Lionel Mapoe dropped over the tryline, and made more of the Bryan Habana finish down the left hand side, they might not have required the balaclavas in the final 10 minutes of the game.

With Habana having made the call to take the tackle instead of go for

broke down the left hand touchline

– a good call given the cover from

Argentina – Eben Etzebeth had a

call to make. Stay upright and look

for the pop pass from Habana, or go head first into the breakdown in

order to clean out the defenders.

Had he made the call to look for the

pop pass, the Boks would almost

certainly have scored.

It was a classic example of a side

still getting to grips with a more

ball-in-hand type of game. - This from the link Gerald so kindly shared written by Tank Lanning.

Remember that it actually took the Lions about five years to get their current level of continuity. Four if you exclude the year they were out of SR. If the Boks cam lessen the basic errors, get better continuity and make sharper decisions they should be able to be good competition for the rest of the RC. Change sometimes comes slowly.

And Gerald's article that he posted, you should read it. We actually did a bit better than I had initially thought.

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

Strauss has been absolutely pathetic this year. Sure, he finds his jumpers and he can hook a ball in the scrums, but that's his sole contribution in every game.

AKA John Smit.

The difference between us and the rest of the world at the moment was best described in the one move... outside pass to habana who is taken down just before the line but pops up a pass to the incoming etsebeth. Etsebeth is focused on the cleanout and doesn't even anticipate the pop up pass...try opportunity lost...

Strauss has been absolutely pathetic this year. Sure, he finds his jumpers and he can hook a ball in the scrums, but that's his sole contribution in every game.

AKA John Smit.

I can't remember if it was Nick Mallett, or Naas Botha, probably the former. A comment was made when the Bokke squad was announced, with Marx's inclusion in the squad.

Strauss is the captain, so should be an automatic choice. A comment then followed stating that the Strauss had a better success rate (throw ins at the line out) compared to Marx. They were comparing Super Rugby stats.

They said the ability to play as a fourth loose forward, where Marx trumps Strauss, is an extra skill that should only be used when hooked basic skills are equal.

Do I agree?

No - as tackling, mauling, rucking, cleaning out, running, passing is something every player (1-23) needs to be able to do as a basic skill. Marx trumps Strauss on form, as well as other skills.

We all know that Whiteley is a better choice for captain, but AC considers DV as the better #8. With Habana appointed as permanent vice-captain, we're going backwards.

I'm not a coach, so what do I know. Just my thoughts and observations.

Easy, critics

This team is still building

The potential is there

The spirit is great, led by the terrier pocket battle ship in Faf

????????????????

Easy, critics

The potential is there

????????????????

Four matches and everyone expects them to be the finished article. Ai tog sometimes we expect way too much of our teams.

Faf - excellent player. Can't fault his enthusiasm.

Team spirit does seem good. Hard to win though games your struggling to close out if that isn't in place. AC a lot like Pdivvy in his ability to create a positive atmosphere.

Captaincy - the best man for the job is not having the armband. It should be Whiteley. DV can definitely still make a contribution as a flanker and would offer WW invaluable support in the captaincy imho. Just a pity that AC doesn't quite see it that way.

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

I think this stat tells a different story. Experience in Test match rugby IS NOT the same as Super Rugby or Currie Cup. I didn't realise it was this inexperienced, if Habana and Steyn are omitted.

Edit: 15 players with less than 10 caps, another 6 below 30.

5bfb3095b0a5bf2aaa7a7a6758c5f2b2.jpg

Edited by geraldm24

I think this stat tells a different story. Experience in Test match rugby IS NOT the same as Super Rugby or Currie Cup. I didn't realise it was this inexperienced, if Habana and Steyn are omitted.

Edit: 15 players with less than 10 caps, another 6 below 30.

5bfb3095b0a5bf2aaa7a7a6758c5f2b2.jpg

Yip

The Bokkies are building ????????????????????????

Easy, critics

The potential is there

????????????????

Heard this before....

There was an up and under by Jantjies that lead to the last Argentina try. Outside him were forwards, so there was no way they would get there to compete. Kicking the ball away!

As well as he has played for the Lions, his form of late is questionable. I'm not sure if AC wants him to play a specific role that he's uncomfortable with, but he's not as commanding on the ball as with his earlier season form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He also struggled when he was playing for WP, infact, he was downright useless.

Must be the coaching he receives.  :whistling: 

Poor performance against the Irish, poor performance against the Pumas. In a recent interview Etsebeth defended AC and boks game plan, stating it was unique and only needed a few tweaks. I wait in anticipation for the improvements to materialize. 

Poor performance against the Irish, poor performance against the Pumas. In a recent interview Etsebeth defended AC and boks game plan, stating it was unique and only needed a few tweaks. I wait in anticipation for the improvements to materialize. 

post-32956-0-00879300-1471848739_thumb.jpg

How was Whiteleys "up and under" to himself trying to kick the ball out to end the game :eek:

At least he managed to regain it.

How was Whiteleys "up and under" to himself trying to kick the ball out to end the game :eek:

At least he managed to regain it.

That was a stupendous moment ????

Watching a forward kick a ball often ends up with wWTF