• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A drawn series

Wow

And some controversy

The record books will reflect 1-1

That ref's decision was a bit odd. Initially blew it as a penalty (lets face it, the red team player first handled the ball and THEN plead innnocence like a good old english footballer, arms up high and all), then refers it to TMO who confirms penalty, and then its a scrum? errm, ok. Gotta love the all blacks though: they seem to hide kicks in the face pretty damn well, especially during the interviews, albeit at the last one, Hansen did seem pretty damn irked.

I don't mind the fact that Poite used the TMO beyond the allowed protocol for a series deciding call. If the ball came back off an All Black touch or something it's better to check than to read about the wrong decision for the next 12 years. 

But after the replay then showed his initial decision was correct his decision making from then on was strange. Basically decided the decision was too big for one person to make so let's have a scrum.  

Crusaders with their first loss today, a win today will see the Lions lead overall and enjoy home semi and final, 

Craven week  

2017’s heaviest player weighs a massive 130kg, the hulking JJ van der Mescht from the Sharks.

To balance things though, the 18-year-old lock from Glenwood plays as a lock and, at 2m, is the second tallest player at the tournament too.

However, consider this: he’s 8kg heavier than Springboks legend Bakkies Botha!

http://citizen.co.za/sport/sport-rugby/1576587/the-tall-and-short-of-this-years-craven-week/

Craven week  

2017’s heaviest player weighs a massive 130kg, the hulking JJ van der Mescht from the Sharks.

To balance things though, the 18-year-old lock from Glenwood plays as a lock and, at 2m, is the second tallest player at the tournament too.

However, consider this: he’s 8kg heavier than Springboks legend Bakkies Botha!

http://citizen.co.za/sport/sport-rugby/1576587/the-tall-and-short-of-this-years-craven-week/

my memory is getting hazy, but I remember an article around the time Schalk burger was in the U20 team, and how at flank/8th man he was still taller than almost all the springbok locks of the 70's

cool photo! - http://citizen.co.za/wp-content/uploads/sites/18/2017/07/Capture-10.jpg?x81002

23-21 to the Lions who had a shocking game. 13 points begging but lost by the boot. 

Also plan to attend finals. Not sure if I should use the car or try the park and ride option though