Rugby...

'Dale

Looks like super rugby will no longer include za teams.

If NZ and Aus get their way  :thumbdown:

Otherwise its Pro 16 here we come - looks like only room for four SA teams though !!

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How many of us can honestly say that we miss Superrugby ? I don’t . Gotten stale and the timing really doesn’t work well to watch games in Australasia on a Saturday morning. The travel factor always counted against us in that competition. 
So I’m all for a new deal and a move to Pro 14 expanded . 

There have been occasions where a team has travelled from here to New Zealand or in reverse for a game and then flown back for a semifinal or playoff the following week . That’s mental. No other professional sport would even consider that for their athletes . 

How many of us can honestly say that we miss Superrugby ? I don’t . Gotten stale and the timing really doesn’t work well to watch games in Australasia on a Saturday morning. The travel factor always counted against us in that competition. 

Will be a refreshing change to see out top teams in Europe, wonder when the final decision will be made, listening to Jourie Roux on the radio this morning from SA Rugby seems like Super Rugby has gone to the big stadium in the sky as far as SA and Argentina are concerned.

Will be a refreshing change to see out top teams in Europe, wonder when the final decision will be made, listening to Jourie Roux on the radio this morning from SA Rugby seems like Super Rugby has gone to the big stadium in the sky as far as SA and Argentina are concerned.

Thats why NZ was so quick to dump us - scared we would officially win the trophy  :ph34r:

I agree...would be great to see ZA sides play here or in France.... 

Super rugby from the hey days when stadia were full and emotional to small crowds. The product killed itself with the number of games on all the time. Shoulda kept it at 10 teams or similar. Concentrate the best players. 

Anyway, looking forward to seeing north vs south rugby 

At least we know deep down that The Sharks would have won this year if it had carried on. Can’t believe that they haven’t given us the trophy yet

moo ha ha, i know you're joking* but typical sharks fan with blinkers on.

1 point ahead of the crusaders who had a game in hand when it stopped. so only top of the log as it stood.

If history shows us anything, the sharks need a really really really big lead to win super rugby.

home final, leading and camped in opposition 5m line with 3 mns to go. surely they can't screw this up?

https://youtu.be/FC1SL80iwU8?t=2463

*I assume you're kidding, never know with the banana boys who believe their own bu11sh1t

https://rugby365.com/countries/south-africa/rip-paul-dobson

a giant of the local game behind the scenes. he'll be dopping with doc and basil and debating the new rules.

I agree...would be great to see ZA sides play here or in France.... 

Super rugby from the hey days when stadia were full and emotional to small crowds. The product killed itself with the number of games on all the time. Shoulda kept it at 10 teams or similar. Concentrate the best players. 

Anyway, looking forward to seeing north vs south rugby 

agreed. super rugby was awesome for years. but it came in at the birth of professionalism and the changes they made only took it backwards. SA sides always got a crap deal with travel, and we never used our financial muscle to sort that out. Surprisingly we are the big players here, so NZ leaving is really them jumping before being pushed. The elephant in the room is that SA has so many players playing in europe, we might as well join with our teams rather than the flood of players going themselves. NZ has been able to stem this, but for how much longer if there's no real super rugby?

I stopped watching super rugby when they introduced that stupid country pool system.

I was indeed the impression that supersport was basically the backbone of super rugby....no?

At least we know deep down that The Sharks would have won this year if it had carried on. Can’t believe that they haven’t given us the trophy yet

Thats why NZ was so quick to dump us - scared we would officially win the trophy  :ph34r:

Congrats to the Sharks supporters. I think if you take the precedent being set in most other sports that couldn't finalise the season, you guys should rightfully claim the 2020 season as yours.

Sure it doesn't make up for your loss in Durban in 2007. My emotions have never swung by so much in a space of 3mins, we really did steal it there in the end.

I'm happy for us to switch our focus to Europe in the coming years. While at the same time, the NZ derbies on a Saturday morning are still entertaining, I'll put it on in the background if I'm not out on the bike...

Congrats to the Sharks supporters. I think if you take the precedent being set in most other sports that couldn't finalise the season, you guys should rightfully claim the 2020 season as yours.

Sure it doesn't make up for your loss in Durban in 2007. My emotions have never swung by so much in a space of 3mins, we really did steal it there in the end.

I'm happy for us to switch our focus to Europe in the coming years. While at the same time, the NZ derbies on a Saturday morning are still entertaining, I'll put it on in the background if I'm not out on the bike...

Swift . That game scarred us for life . Think still have flashbacks and dream about the sneaky blue  hand of doom coming out the wrong side of the ruck and stealing the ball on the ground . Then just knowing when Bryan got the ball what was going to happen .

All of that we could have lived with , until a certain fella started climbing our poles. Eish.

moo ha ha, i know you're joking* but typical sharks fan with blinkers on.

1 point ahead of the crusaders who had a game in hand when it stopped. so only top of the log as it stood.

If history shows us anything, the sharks need a really really really big lead to win super rugby.

home final, leading and camped in opposition 5m line with 3 mns to go. surely they can't screw this up?

https://youtu.be/FC1SL80iwU8?t=2463

*I assume you're kidding, never know with the banana boys who believe their own bu11sh1t

Paging Slowbee . Shebeen just posted a banned video .

• 4 weeks later...