Rugby...

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that should be a red card any day of the week...Something that doff can end someone career never mind the contest!!!

Oooh. Now you touching me on my studio. Greatest 10 we’ve had since Joel.

Butch was VERY good, but better than Honibal? I'm a fan of both.

Butch was VERY good, but better than Honibal? I'm a fan of both.

Yeah , Lem was world class . But Butch about the best passer of a rugby ball that has ever been . Safe to say no one ever tried to run through his channel more than once . Ever

Edited by Benjamin

Oooh. Now you touching me on my studio. Greatest 10 we’ve had since Joel. 

not sure if Joel was really in that company, uh mean one dropkick and he's immortal? Butch, ja i dunno, he might make my top 10 #10 somewhere between braam and piennaar but I'm probably biased because he was a liability with massive brainfades around every corner and it's ard to think past that. Also if he was such a great #10 then why did he get shifted to #12?

most complete Flyhalf we've had in 25 years is Goosen, finished en klaar. What a pity his body and mind wasn't up to it and now farming or sheep or something.

edit: by "WE" if you mean the Sharks (and not boks) then i could maybe agree, but honiball also in that potjie too

Edited by Shebeen

not sure if Joel was really in that company, uh mean one dropkick and he's immortal? Butch, ja i dunno, he might make my top 10 #10 somewhere between braam and piennaar but I'm probably biased because he was a liability with massive brainfades around every corner and it's ard to think past that. Also if he was such a great #10 then why did he get shifted to #12?

most complete Flyhalf we've had in 25 years is Goosen, finished en klaar. What a pity his body and mind wasn't up to it and now farming or sheep or something.

edit: by "WE" if you mean the Sharks (and not boks) then i could maybe agree, but honiball also in that potjie too

Pollard is a magnificent flyhalf as well, hopefully he can continue to build his legacy for plenty more years.

In the year of tactical box-kicks he doesn't get as much ball to play with, but his calmness under pressure and ability to attack the gain-line is something to admire.

I actually meant ever in the history of rugby . Anywhere

• 4 weeks later...

Squidge Rugby has a review of Invictus.

One of the funniest moments was when he lists the possible cast members for Invictus 2. I won’t spoil it for you, but don’t read his tweet if you want to wait to find out.

a9f5e88cd428f18a5f590967de608e04.jpg

https://youtu.be/M7onFkTztM8

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this time next month...super rugby returns!!

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/super-rugby/121475982/coronavirus-blues-debut-for-beauden-barrett-against-hurricanes-in-super-rugby?rm=a

but only in NZ

and can't believe PSdT didn't get a golden offer overseas, thought he was gone for good.

https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRugby/massive-boost-for-stormers-sa-with-pieter-steph-set-to-stay-put-20200514, although there could be some late announcements today.

going to be very weird seeing Aplon in a bulls jersey

• 2 weeks later...

this time next month...super rugby returns!!

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/super-rugby/121475982/coronavirus-blues-debut-for-beauden-barrett-against-hurricanes-in-super-rugby?rm=a

but only in NZ

and can't believe PSdT didn't get a golden offer overseas, thought he was gone for good.

https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRugby/massive-boost-for-stormers-sa-with-pieter-steph-set-to-stay-put-20200514, although there could be some late announcements today.

going to be very weird seeing Aplon in a bulls jersey

Aplon is like an older Kolbe, seriously quick, devastating feet, and an awareness of space. Imagine him at 15 and Kolbe at 14....

Loving Squidge way more than any of the Supersport pundits.

He brings an exceptional level of analysis to the game.

the one big difference is that Squidge has time to review the footage, compared to the studio guys only having the time between half time and after the game to give their immediate analysis.

the one big difference is that Squidge has time to review the footage, compared to the studio guys only having the time between half time and after the game to give their immediate analysis.

Imagine if Nick Mallett had the same amount of time to do his review of the match. That would be very interesting indeed.

Totally love Squidge and his analysis of the matches. I'm sure he would be pretty good as a TV pundit too but I think his sense of humour is perhaps too unpc/spicy for mainstream media.