Rugby...

'Dale

I wonder what public and political opinion would be if the same team was chosen by a coach of colour?

But I agree. Our backline lacks imagination and penetration. Jean I'm afraid has consistently underperformed in my opinion. And in Strauss we have a more than capable replacement captain.

My starting line up from the squad on tour would be as follows, with an eye on the future and bearing in mind injuries to key players:

15 Lambie

14 JP

13 De Jongh

12 Mapoe

11 Mvovo

10 Elton

9 Pienaar (v/c)

1 Beast

2 Strauss ©

3 Jannie

4 Etzebeth

5 Juandre

6 Louw

7 Alberts

8 Duane

Useful team ...

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what public and political opinion would be if the same team was chosen by a coach of colour?

But I agree. Our backline lacks imagination and penetration. Jean I'm afraid has consistently underperformed in my opinion. And in Strauss we have a more than capable replacement captain.

My starting line up from the squad on tour would be as follows, with an eye on the future and bearing in mind injuries to key players:

15 Lambie

14 JP

13 De Jongh

12 Mapoe

11 Mvovo

10 Elton

9 Pienaar (v/c)

1 Beast

2 Strauss ©

3 Jannie

4 Etzebeth

5 Juandre

6 Louw

7 Alberts

8 Duane

Useful team ...

No place for a fit Kolisi?

No place for a fit Kolisi?

He would be in my squad if he was available, but frankly wouldn't make my starting line-up. I would stil pick a fit Brussouw at 6, even before Louw. And then Schalk back, etc. ....My team is based on the squad in the UK at the moment.

3rd best team vs the 7th best rugby team in the world standing as they dish up garbage like this. international rugby is dying a qucik death. there a so few countries with test status that all teams know each others moves (other than AB's). IRB are a disgrace.

I dont agree with bigger is always better statement.

Conrad Smith is arguably the best number 13 in the world and he isnt the biggest player by far

Christian Cullen????

Edited by Escapee..

Dale I don`t know about the Beast but I got heart palpitations in the first half - lucky the second went better.

laugh.png laugh.png

Nice solid 2nd half. The tactic worked so maybe shouldn't complain, but nearly every ball was taken by a runner at 10 (with a single digit on his shirt) and straight back into a drive. Can be effective but not as easy on the eye as wide play. Understand you got to win but please just let 10 play.

Nice solid 2nd half. The tactic worked so maybe shouldn't complain, but nearly every ball was taken by a runner at 10 (with a single digit on his shirt) and straight back into a drive. Can be effective but not as easy on the eye as wide play. Understand you got to win but please just let 10 play.

This tactic only worked because the Irish were poor at the breakdown. Playing a better team with that tactic will fail since they will anticipate this move every time and put their best fetchers to the work to recover the ball after the tackle. At worst you will give away penalties for hanging onto the ball.

Hmmm....

Net-net against the lowly ranked Scots.

No firing backline. AGAIN.

Mallett was not impressed.

Rightly so.

:-/

mallet ett was not impressed.

Rightly so.

:-/

Loving his opinions....at least someone is speaking their mind

Loving his opinions....at least someone is speaking their mind

Pffft Mallet, he had his turn at coaching and hashed it. He could very well also br a Hubber that whines.

Not quite Eccy: wasn't he fired for complaining about the price of the tickets? You have to be a bonehead fan to call that "hashing it". Hmmm, but he was a box for listening to Alan "Guinness" Solomons and playing Skinstad.

Not quite Eccy: wasn't he fired for complaining about the price of the tickets? You have to be a bonehead fan to call that "hashing it". Hmmm, but he was a box for listening to Alan "Guinness" Solomons and playing Skinstad.

Some say it was the way he alienated Teichman for no real reason that personal differences that the attitude of the administrators. But then as a Hubber you know it is easier to criticize than praise.

Edited by eccentric1

Pffft Mallet, he had his turn at coaching and hashed it. He could very well also br a Hubber that whines.

Hashed it have been smoking some hash? Winning 17 in row and not just winning 17 in a row it was the way we won those games. Remember destroying France (twice) and Scotland in their own back yard. I agree with Mallet on yesterdays game if can't go all out attack with 0 time on the board and 11 points up (can't lose the game) against the 8 ranked team in the world then how screwed up must your mindset be.

Edited by Ceres

You cannot take SA rugby seriously; it's like a miniature of SA! Racism - too numerous to mention PDivvy, Markgraaf, Straeli/Cronje etc; broedertwis Lions vs Free State vs Bulls; engelse gevaar Luyt vs McIntosh, Oberholzer vs Mallett; plain greed Kings etc; cadre deployment - Heineken!

Let's move to powered 2 wheels - an SA lighty beat the best in the world in the Roof of Africa and a S African came 2nd. Now that is great news.

Some say it was the way he alienated Teichman for no real reason that personal differences that the attitude of the administrators. But then as a Hubber you know it is easier to criticize than praise.

as a natalian, it took many many years to forgive mallet for that.....but he has since admitted it was a terrible oversight on his behalf.......personally i would love to see him get another shot..but we all know thats not going to happen