All things Colnago

StevieL

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey All

At the end of last year I was at that “ I want a new bike stage “ which we as Nago owners means finding something better then you have which was for me a C60 or C64. OUCH . So then I said to my self I’m going to give my C59 a fresh look ???? . This is what I got back from Cliff and Lilian at CycleArt.... once again the Oom outdid himself thanks uncle .

That looks awesome Alain - time to shift it and move onto the next one - I might know a guy who’ll take that off your hands

That looks awesome Alain - time to shift it and move onto the next one - I might know a guy who’ll take that off your hands

Hey Buddy 

I know that guy too but he is a MTB boy so another road bike will just be a waste 

Hey All

At the end of last year I was at that “ I want a new bike stage “ which we as Nago owners means finding something better then you have which was for me a C60 or C64. OUCH . So then I said to my self I’m going to give my C59 a fresh look . This is what I got back from Cliff and Lilian at CycleArt.... once again the Oom outdid himself thanks uncle .

WOW....shes a beaut 

Hey All

At the end of last year I was at that “ I want a new bike stage “ which we as Nago owners means finding something better then you have which was for me a C60 or C64. OUCH . So then I said to my self I’m going to give my C59 a fresh look . This is what I got back from Cliff and Lilian at CycleArt.... once again the Oom outdid himself thanks uncle .

Looks fantastic

Hey All

At the end of last year I was at that “ I want a new bike stage “ which we as Nago owners means finding something better then you have which was for me a C60 or C64. OUCH . So then I said to my self I’m going to give my C59 a fresh look ???? . This is what I got back from Cliff and Lilian at CycleArt.... once again the Oom outdid himself thanks uncle .

Stunning. Just remember we ride the same size frame ????

Evening all.

My current ride is a colnago c60 with a shimano ultegra 11 speed groupset. Does anyone have suggestions how I can go about fitting a campagnolo groupset on it without selling both my kidneys.I'm so desperate for this upgrade, I've already maxed out my data scouring the Internet and we are on an unlimited package.

Evening all.

My current ride is a colnago c60 with a shimano ultegra 11 speed groupset. Does anyone have suggestions how I can go about fitting a campagnolo groupset on it without selling both my kidneys.I'm so desperate for this upgrade, I've already maxed out my data scouring the Internet and we are on an unlimited package.

Sell a kidney and fix your bike

Evening all.

Keep your eyes on the classifieds. You can find a very clean Record 10 speed groupset for about R8 000. For 11 speed you may have to settle for Chorus or be willing to pay more. Sell the Ultegra to part fund the Campy. 

Thanks for the encouragement. I managed to get a buyer for that kidney and will be able to drop 12k on a campagnolo groupset. Kindly bear in mind that I'm planning to put it on my c60, older record or newer chorus?

Thanks for the encouragement. I managed to get a buyer for that kidney and will be able to drop 12k on a campagnolo groupset. Kindly bear in mind that I'm planning to put it on my c60, older record or newer chorus?

The C60 was made from 2014 to 2017 (?).

Campy made the 11 speed from 2008 to 2018(?).

So, I would say try find an 11 speed Record if you can on your budget. 

That all said, the 10 sp Record is a fantastic groupset and I'm pretty sure it will not detract from the performance or the looks.

Edited by DJR

Thanks DJR.

I'm praying that my fellow hubbers has the good fortune of upgrading to the new 12 speed campag groupset.

And then maybe pass on a outdated 2015 to present super record groupset.

Please keep me posted should anyone come across such an ad on the hub.

Keep your eyes on the classifieds. You can find a very clean Record 10 speed groupset for about R8 000. For 11 speed you may have to settle for Chorus or be willing to pay more. Sell the Ultegra to part fund the Campy. 

As much as a Record 10spd is the best groupset ever it would be out of place on a C60. At minimum a C60 needs a Record 11spd groupset. The pre 2015 groupspets are cheaper but new parts are scarce in terms of deraileurs and ergolevers.