Bad add on supersport

chucky

for a brief moment there i thought you had downloaded the entire clip, pulled it into a video editing package and added a helmet throughout then uploaded back to youtube....but then i saw it was just a jpeg

I am bored, but not that bored :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad add? I was expecting some poor arithmetic with a basic error like 1 + 1 = 3. Maybe child without helmet doesn't add up?

Glad to see people are taking notice. I'm the 'guy' that produced the ad. Firstly, we had her helmet at the shoot. I decided for her not to wear it to try and create several thought patterns. The first was a 'romanticized idea of cycling'. Like I used to do it as a kid... Maybe I was wrong. The second was that our 'victim' ends up 'dead'. No helmet = serious consequences. (plus riding in the middle of the road as my mates pointed out). The 3rd was that a lot of South Africans ride without helmets because they can't afford them.

The idea of the add is that it could be anybody... Your aunt, son, sister, brother, etc. The idea is to try and bridge the gap between motorists and cyclists. Everybody has to be aware and CAREFUL.

I made the add because I cycle.

O. And did I mention we did it for free? So thanks to all. And Supersport is flighting it for free.

edit

Blackfoot, I'm interested. Were you approached to film it and how did it come about as gratis to film and air?

Edited by Pain or Shine

edit

Blackfoot, I'm interested. Were you approached to film it and how did it come about as gratis to film and air?

Just wanted to do it... Too many cycling deaths. That's pretty much it.

Glad to see people are taking notice. I'm the 'guy' that produced the ad. Firstly, we had her helmet at the shoot. I decided for her not to wear it to try and create several thought patterns. The first was a 'romanticized idea of cycling'. Like I used to do it as a kid... Maybe I was wrong. The second was that our 'victim' ends up 'dead'. No helmet = serious consequences. (plus riding in the middle of the road as my mates pointed out). The 3rd was that a lot of South Africans ride without helmets because they can't afford them.

The idea of the add is that it could be anybody... Your aunt, son, sister, brother, etc. The idea is to try and bridge the gap between motorists and cyclists. Everybody has to be aware and CAREFUL.

O. And did I mention we did it for free? So thanks to all. And Supersport is flighting it for free.

That is the msg I got from the add....not that it was a "how to be safe on the road" add......thanks for doing it

I'm now standing corrected :whistling:

And a lot of Malawian/Zimbawean gardeners are breaking the law on their way to work as we read this! Completely useless legislation is SA speciality.

Just wanted to do it... Too many cycling deaths. That's pretty much it.

give that man a .....jameson's

I thought it was a thought provoking and disturbing ad.Hits hard and delivers the right message.

Well done :thumbup:

Can't for the life of me see why it is a bad ad

Hi Blackfoot

Welcome to the hub. Like you said last night, the fact that people are commenting about it is is a good thing. The more people that watches it the better.

Well done and thanks to you and your team for doing more than just talking and criticising...

Helmet-Schmelmet. I still have my bad Supersport helmet, and it sucks sweats big time. Only for races.

Anyway, at least there are lots of companies & people starting to do some good work here. The PPA's sticker, Engen Cyclists initiative, this ad ...

Well done and thanks to you and your team for doing more than just talking and criticising...

It all starts with talk.. the hub is a good vehicle for getting things done, actually.

Its law to wear a helmet in SA . If any hubbers have been in an accident on a bike the metro report even asks if cyclist was wearing a helmet . Safe riding all