BURRY STANDER SHIRT DISQUALIFICATION ??????WTF

RudoJ

Nope, it depends on how the word is pronounced. Take MTB. The first letter is pronounced "em", therefore it's "an MTB" not "a MTB".

Not quite on the same page as you are Sir Crashalot, we could of course discuss it over a beer when I am in your nick of the woods again, which is soon, hopefully. Cannot survive on this at the moment.

Have a good one, mate.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In every cycling storm in a tea cup there always remains one constant... CSA.

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, hey! look at his shirt!"

In every cycling storm in a tea cup there always remains one constant... CSA. "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, hey! look at his shirt!"

Hahahahahahhahaha!

Finally all the school girls can stop with their moaning. Like I said before no reason to get jumpy about something we know nothing about

Finally all the school girls can stop with their moaning. Like I said before no reason to get jumpy about something we know nothing about

When was this ?

Nope, it depends on how the word is pronounced. Take MTB. The first letter is pronounced "em", therefore it's "an MTB" not "a MTB".

Thanks tumbles, there was I thinking I had to fail the whole class.

more wisdom from mr Bryson:

........ in 1799, during a comparatively brief

interlude in London, he founded the Royal Institution, yet another of the many learned

societies that popped into being all over Britain in the late eighteenth and early nineteenth

centuries. For a time it was almost the only institution of standing to actively promote the

young science of chemistry, and that was thanks almost entirely to a brilliant young man

named Humphry Davy, who was appointed the institution’s professor of chemistry shortly

after its inception and rapidly gained fame as an outstanding lecturer and productive

experimentalist.

Soon after taking up his position, Davy began to bang out new elements one after

another—potassium, sodium, magnesium, calcium, strontium, and aluminum or aluminium,

depending on which branch of English you favor.

He discovered so many elements not so

much because he was serially astute as because he developed an ingenious technique of

applying electricity to a molten substance—electrolysis, as it is known. Altogether he

discovered a dozen elements, a fifth of the known total of his day. Davy might have done far

more, but unfortunately as a young man he developed an abiding attachment to the buoyant

pleasures of nitrous oxide. He grew so attached to the gas that he drew on it (literally) three or

four times a day. Eventually, in 1829, it is thought to have killed him.

You delete others' posts for being off topic and yet you carry on with drivel like this???

Barry.........

You delete others' posts for being off topic and yet you carry on with drivel like this???

Barry.........

tumbles, i think we need to delete this one :thumbup:

in other news, check what came in on my DoItNow weekly mailer today:

EEDBACK

George, Evans bounce back with 1-2 at MTN Tulbagh

After the heartbreak of having their Cape Epic victory hopes crushed by an untimely early exit, Team Nedbank 360Life's David George and Kevin Evans bounced back on Saturday with a 1-2 finish at the MTN Tulbagh Mountain Bike Ultra-marathon in the Western Cape province of South Africa.

George, winner of the first round of South Africa's most prestigious mountain bike racing series back in January, rode a tactically faultless race to claim the victory in a fast time of 04 hours 29 minutes and 08 seconds and in the process, rose back to the top of the MTN Series rankings with three rounds remaining. ...read more

i think it's about a year old!

tumbles, i think we need to delete this one :thumbup: in other news, check what came in on my DoItNow weekly mailer today:

EEDBACK

George, Evans bounce back with 1-2 at MTN Tulbagh

After the heartbreak of having their Cape Epic victory hopes crushed by an untimely early exit, Team Nedbank 360Life's David George and Kevin Evans bounced back on Saturday with a 1-2 finish at the MTN Tulbagh Mountain Bike Ultra-marathon in the Western Cape province of South Africa. George, winner of the first round of South Africa's most prestigious mountain bike racing series back in January, rode a tactically faultless race to claim the victory in a fast time of 04 hours 29 minutes and 08 seconds and in the process, rose back to the top of the MTN Series rankings with three rounds remaining. ...read more i think it's about a year old!

I was going to point out that "off topic" is usually hyphenated.

Yeah, I saw that yesterday when I did some searching when this issue first appeared on twitter.

tumbles, i think we need to delete this one :thumbup:

Snip

If you need to delete anyting it is this.

???

I'm more worried about Sin Tax...how much has beer gone up?

Somewhere to rest your chin perhaps??

That is seriously off topic dude :cursing:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_zgu5CBHrqYs/TMz3eN-QgNI/AAAAAAAAAEo/Nf358-z_wfA/s1600/double+chin.jpg

Shouldn't off-topic be hyphenated? :whistling:

-am I doing it right? Or is this now considered on topic since it is a direct reply to an observation of a hijack?

-am I doing it right? Or is this now considered on topic since it is a direct reply to an observation of a hijack?

Actually my observation is incorrect. "On topic" is correct as it is a compound word not followed by a noun.

*Goes to detention…*