26" 27.5" and 29" Wheels and mtb's.

RodTi

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

weekend warrior & half marathon material - PYGA. The anthem is more XC, and is, imho, to "racey" if you're also looking for something that will give you the ability of being able to do the gnarly stuff.

PYGA gets my vote.

Depends on who is riding the bike :)

I've found that a ds bike is faster for me. I can pedal through some bumpy sections where I would have to stand up in the past. The added comfort means I'm less also tired towards the end.

The Giant Anthem 29er has some good reviews and is within your price range. If you are willing to wait a little while the Pyga Industries 29er might be worth waiting for.

Depends on who is riding the bike :)

I've found that a ds bike is faster for me. I can pedal through some bumpy sections where I would have to stand up in the past. The added comfort means I'm less also tired towards the end.

The Giant Anthem 29er has some good reviews and is within your price range. If you are willing to wait a little while the Pyga Industries 29er might be worth waiting for.

i agree 100% i Have a giant anthem that i appreciate even more since i got myself a carbon hardtail recently.Although i train on the lighter ht ,i dought if i will race with it .I did the Stillbosch race last weekend and the terrain was very rough .Any of the races in gauteng have rocky areas and fast rocky downhills where a ds 29' is much easier to handle and is less tiring ,so you have energy left for the next uphill.If i could get hold of a pyga i would ,but i wont get rid of my anthem

What, we have about 1,547 of them now, eh Cap?

just about hey.. almost as many threads as there are wheel standards...

At that price you can look at the Specialized Stumpjumper, I have the 2011 model and it's wicked fun, pretty much nothing you can't tackle on it, with top end specs. If you're looking for something that's a little faster go for the Spec Epic.

what i have learnt about hub...

Blah blah blah blah and you are radical blah blah blah its just SA mentaletyonley donkey donkey donkey donkey......donkey donkey donkey donkey...ride your wheels they work for you bang....whiskey yes thank you ban me....

ban me ban me ban me ride light weiht you are a racer 26 inch sux 29 inch race south africa bangn race im a racer you must be a racer im a racer south africa race yes race south africa yes yes yes ban me yes!