26" 27.5" and 29" Wheels and mtb's.

RodTi

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know these pics have been posted before, but here's a pretty sweet Shova with 650b's on:

http://r-c-s.ca/images/bikes/MW1.JPG

http://r-c-s.ca/images/bikes/MW2.JPG

great some nice NEO motos!! nice to know morewoods work with this wheel size. those are velocity blunt rims hey? did you build the wheels or buy a set?

Now, how would a 650 DH rig ride? :D

hmmm interesting question... why don't you start a thread about it :P haha!

great some nice NEO motos!! nice to know morewoods work with this wheel size. those are velocity blunt rims hey? did you build the wheels or buy a set?

sadly this bike isn't mine... it's just one I remember seeing in an article.

Even though I am not the parent of this fine Shova... I would love it as if it were my own!

Edited by patches

• 4 weeks later...

Have riden a few rides and the initial comments can be.... Climbing is a challenge i am not in best shape right now but still is a shock. Descending feels like i have EXTtR suspension rolls over rocks like crazy. Single track flow is Awesome need some more timE in the saddle to report thoroughly

from the pics it looks like there is very little mud clearance. Will want to stay away from Barberton with that.

Otherwise, nice looking bike that Pearl.

• 3 weeks later...

Okie so this seems to be a HUGE debate these days, so why not get some opinions?

I am in the market for a new bike, wanting to spend 25-30, I have already decided it's going to be Specialized but here is my problem...

I am a girl that likes technical, single track up and down - Tokai is my playing grounds, I am not that big a fan of jeep (I only go up to come down ST) but I do like going fast. I also need it to be light(ish) round about 12(ish)kg.

So my choices are...

Epic or Era (girls bike) 26er with 120mm/100mm travel (not interested in 140mm it's just too much for me)

Epic comp 29er with 100mm

or a Hardtail 29er

Let the debate begin :-)

Edited by saeley

There is no debate. Also a good choice of brand.

I ride the Epic comp 29er with 100mm and i will not ride anything else!

There is no debate.

My thinking exactly.

If you're a singletrack fan and you love the technical stuff at Tokai, 26 is the way to go :)

My thinking exactly.

If you're a singletrack fan and you love the technical stuff at Tokai, 26 is the way to go :)

Couldn't have said it better!

You will get a far better spec 6'er DS for the same price as a 9'er DS.

Plus, you want to have fun. You like bombing it. You prefer chuckability.

Go for the 6'er.

Plus, you don't want to look like a clown, do you? ;)

Look even Burry says it if he want to win marathon type events 29er if he want to have fun on technical twisty stuff he uses his 26er. Still wonder why he uses a 29er on XC events?

Look even Burry says it if he want to win marathon type events 29er if he want to have fun on technical twisty stuff he uses his 26er. Still wonder why he uses a 29er on XC events?

Key there is your use of the word "fun". Then, it doesn't matter about sponsor input or what he's riding - he's just having FUN! If he wants to have FUN, then it's the 6'er.

As soon as it becomes race-time, sponsors put pressure on him to ride the 9'er in order to promote the brand and the "new" category of bike.

Marketing, basically.

Thanks everyone for the advice!

I finally make up my mind, mainly because I am getting the bike from the States (A friend is going on business trip)

Santa Cruz Tallboy 29er - I cant wait!

post-11024-0-46903400-1313588520.jpg

Thanks everyone for the advice!

I finally make up my mind, mainly because I am getting the bike from the States (A friend is going on business trip)

Santa Cruz Tallboy 29er - I cant wait!

:drool: I want one of those! Lucky girl!