Wellington Lions Cycle Ride & Aca Joe Pro Classic Series Event

Hearts*

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If You DECIDE to LEAD the Race? Make Sure You know the Route! LoL

So, are you going to at least post the story?

There seem to be a little ballsup with the results or was 85% of the SV group canned?

Same happened to STARS...apparently we raced Senior Scholars,lol!

Edited by MTB_Roadie

There seem to be a little ballsup with the results or was 85% of the SV group canned?

Your telling me! According to racetec the winner did it in 1:38 at a average of 61km/h! I don't think so!

Your hometown race and you did not do it?

Going to do the race through your ex home town tomorrow (Bay City goes through Fish Hoek) - considered doing the short route today but then would have been disappointed with my result tomorrow :thumbup:

Edited by Tiny K

There was quite the crash with 4km to go in one of the later groups. MN I think. Hope everyone is ok.

Sp

Edited by gadget

Lance Muller took the win in 1.38 - 61km/h average. His spinning classes must be deadly.

Haha ja, 61km/h was deadly!

I led my group all the way and came 80th according to racetech. Throwing the short route in with us...

Was a fun ride! No real breaks and not many wanted to do any work.

Going to cycle to start of Bay city, hopefully add up some Km's in total. :)

Guest Frail4Life

So, are you going to at least post the story?

Did NOT Check Route! After 10 mins I Had Left the ' Bunch' way Behind.

Leaving Town I ' GOT Shown' the LONG Route, Not SHORT! Caught Tail enders Approach Hermon turn Off. @ Riebeeck Kasteel found a Young Girl stranded. 2 Punctures, Out of Tubes.

Got the Tubes fitted to Find the FRONT Derailler NOT Working! Sorted. NOW My Rythum was Gone. Continued Slowly. From a 35km ave Solo,first hour to a 25km.

There was quite the crash with 4km to go in one of the later groups. MN I think. Hope everyone is ok.

Sp

yes i crashed there today. Guys just had minor grazes and bruises. It was soon after turning off the R45 onto R44. the guy to left of me fell and took me out and i went sliding on my left and of course two guys came over me from behind. My Foil`s DA C50 rear wheel busted, sti,rd, seat , i not inspect frame properly and just dropped it at my LBS as i was so pissed.

Not been great season. Crashed on training ride on Cobra weekend and damaged my Orbea and was off with injured hip and shoulder till 99er and cracked @vissershok.

The funny thing is this morning I was putting on the bib i crashed in a month ago, for second there I was feeling superstitious and did not want to wear it.