As I lie here in hospital..........

Wobbles

wow, bad luck man. pelvic ligaments...is that what i think it is?!

sometimes i see roadies with uber bright red flasher lights in the day. you really can't be too careful

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, you can never be visible enough. When I started commuting to work I immediately got me some decent lights.

shees hard luck wobbles - I must say, I have ridden along the mandiston Rd and Thornville Rd to get between baynesfield and bisley nature reserve, and i cringe every second while i am on that section - i try avoid both roads now

Tks guys. Beside bruises and cuts I have damaged pelvis ligaments requiring bed rest for a few weeks - now why is the Tour not on!!!!

Dude, I am bleak for you. Sux that you got hit by a motorist but hope that you laid a charge of negligent driving.

There is a race Paris-Nice - the time trial was yesterday but I think there was some stage racing now soon - think it started today or tomorrow. Google is your friend.

Heal up soon. I too have had some close encounters but it's what yo do after the fall that makes or breaks you.

As the result of a careless motorist you realise just how vulnerable u r on the road. I did nothing wrong and was well left on a double road at the back of a group when he hit me. There was nothing I could do to avoid the accident and I feel powerless.

All the hard traininhg for Argus wasted. At the moment I have no intention of training on the road again.

Enjoy your Argus!

Sorry to hear this...

:mellow:

When the sh*t hits my fan, I try to remember this Japanese proverb:

"Fall seven times, get up 8 times..."

Heal well.

Tks guys. Beside bruises and cuts I have damaged pelvis ligaments requiring bed rest for a few weeks - now why is the Tour not on!!!!

I have also been the victim of a careless driver, woke up in ICU 3 days later with multiple injuries.....anycase is didn't leave road cycling, I got back on the bike as soon as I could. This can also happen if you just MTB as sometimes actually most times you need to ride to the trails, get well soon man!

At least you can watch the Paris-Nice race

As the result of a careless motorist you realise just how vulnerable u r on the road. I did nothing wrong and was well left on a double road at the back of a group when he hit me. There was nothing I could do to avoid the accident and I feel powerless.

All the hard traininhg for Argus wasted. At the moment I have no intention of training on the road again.

Enjoy your Argus!

Damn shame man - hope you heal well and are out riding again soon.

An Adams bus nearly took me out on the R44 near Stellenbosch on our ride Saturday - plenty of room on the road, but he decided he had to cut within millimeters of clipping me off the bike, I saw my whole season flash in front of me, not to mention my limbs - feel your pain.

Hope you get well soon. I also fell of my bike recently, due to my own fault (invloving no hands, speed wobble and a Lefty). Face healed up quickly, but neck still a bit stiff and some dizzy spells. I thought I would have been back on the bike already, but now seems like I fractured a small bone in my wrist. If it is the case, I might require plaster for 6-8 weeks...

Like you, all the argus training out the window. Also had to miss the Garden Route 300 2 weeks ago because of my stupidity.

Bottom line, enjoy every ride and never take your good health for granted!! Will be back on the road and in the mountains soon and stronger than ever!!

That is why I do not cycle on the road. My brother (currently based in Amsterdam) is an avid roadie, and MTBiker, and I have told him that he risks life and limb should he choose to ride on the roads in SA (and Joeys in particular) when out here during the holidays. Not a day goes by that you don't hear of a cyclist being killed or knocked over on the road.

Blind folded stunt flying is a far safer pursuit compared to road riding.

Edited by Wet Ears

DUDE! Watch Paris Nice, the race to the sun!