Argus Expo

udxcob

Very disappointing! No Trek, Giant and Specialized bikes !!!!

Not enough 29er bikes!!!!

What is wrong with Shimano? Need to see new groupset! Sram up!

Cannondale, GT, Focus and Pinerallo good show!

No sexy ladies!

No BMX show like before!

Why don't they have Expo on open field near Stadium? Cheaper and plenty of parking!!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very disappointing! No Trek, Giant and Specialized bikes !!!!

Not enough 29er bikes!!!!

What is wrong with Shimano? Need to see new groupset! Sram up!

Cannondale, GT, Focus and Pinerallo good show!

No sexy ladies!

No BMX show like before!

Why don't they have Expo on open field near Stadium? Cheaper and plenty of parking!!

Open field not great if the weather turns nasty

It hardly rain in March, but the south east wind might be a problem!!

Yep, I was thinking of that. Imagine all the havoc it would wreak on all the tents :eek:

Didn't notice any Spez stuff...

Whaat?! No Spez...? That was one of my missions for the day, to find the Spez stall and chat about some stuff. :cursing:

ek sal more my goed loop haal...

se my gou, kannie onthou nie, moet non-entrants betaal om in te gaan?

We used to enjoy the expo.

When my son did his first Argus at 10 yrs old Anriette Schoeman was signing posters of herself and chatted to him for a while.Lekker chic.He is now 20 and still has it in his drawer.

In those days AVH brought his whole goddam shop down to CT and had great bargains.Most of the shops were there.Polar had a big stand and sorted out batteries etc.

Was a good meeting place as well to bump into old friends.

I suppose expectations have changed and they have not moved with the times

I need a new helmet, and was thinking of getting one at the Expo.

Can anyone confirm that I would find a S-works one at any of the stalls ?

Olympic Cycle sell Spesh helmets....S-works, Propero, Prevail....so you can go to their stand at the Expo

Whaat?! No Spez...? That was one of my missions for the day, to find the Spez stall and chat about some stuff. :cursing:

Unless I missed it, Seabee...

Didn't see a dedicated stand.

Edited by danseuse

Olympic Cycle sell Spesh helmets....S-works, Propero, Prevail....so you can go to their stand at the Expo

There ya go!

The expo this year is quite disappointing. Thought there'd be some good deals and bargains and my intention was to go there and buy a whole bunch of things I didn't really need. Ended up buying a bottles, tubes and gels only.

my question about the Expo:

Unless I missed it, Seabee...

Didn't see a thing.

There was a Spesh bike there, you just needed to look really closely...it was at the Pinarello Stand, back-right corner, with the WC stripes on the frame...

:whistling:

ek sal more my goed loop haal...

se my gou, kannie onthou nie, moet non-entrants betaal om in te gaan?

Yip, R30.

my question about the Expo:

There was a Spesh bike there, you just needed to look really closely...it was at the Pinarello Stand, back-right corner, with the WC stripes on the frame...

:whistling:

Exactly... not great marketing.

Distributors here mostly (rightly or wrongly) rely on their retailers to showcase the product, however the retailers cant afford to be there in a purely "show only state" they need to sell to recover their costs and that's just a factor of the small industry.

I don't recall any of the LBS stores at the expo actually showing off any bikes? They were mainly flogging the usual spares and consumables. So, if the distributors are relying on the retailers, they are loosing out.

In my mind the big name brands are loosing out. I mean, 35 000+ cyclists in one place and Giant, Spez, Scott etc can't be bothered to show off their wares?

Or is it a case of the Expo charging too much for stalls? Or lack of floor space? I just can't figure out why the big guys wouldn't want to take advantage of this oppertunity?

In my mind the simple solution is: have a bigger venue, partition it into two. One side for demo only (no retail). The other side is your 'flea market'. Job done... (in an idilic world :thumbup: )

Edited by Dubber