Suikerbosrand Cycling

Johan Bornman

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I haven't ridden at SBR for ages I would hate to see it closed to cyclists. Anyone keen to join me on a clean up ride over the easter weekend, let's do something proactive. We can do a slow lap and pick up as much litter as we can, I will arrange a following vehicle to dump rubbish in. Could also do a braai after at the car park if there is enough interest?
Good idea! I will be game for something like this!! MTB firt loop, Road second loop.
OOh, maybe I can beat your ass up a hill again :clap:
Cool, which day shall we make it?
I say we do Saturday morning :) @1Hill, Let me know if you ever get any proof :)
i will be taking photo's and notes, *formats memory card*

Is this still happening on Saturday? What are the details: time, entrance, etc?

Will the MTB be better than road bike since there'll be a bit of stopping, getting off and picking up?

HUB RIDE HUB RIDE!

I'm in for Saturday morning. Will convince +1 to come with too.

Who's in?

Iron?

Well.....we through it out to the club and there are definitely some guys coming through.

The thought is to do lap 1 on the MTB and second lap on the road bike........

This made me think to rather do 2 laps on the road bike as there will not be too much stopping going on??:

- having seen this thread I kept my eye open for empty gu's etc. Surprisingly didn't see anything - though that could either be because I was using 100% of my mental capacity to keep the legs turning on some of those hills, or perhaps Blokman was riding ahead of me :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

So i have heard they have eventually closed it from cyclists? is this true?

I have a ride planned there soon, and don't want to be disapointed, using google i can't find a number to call them on either,

does anyone know if this is so?

Edited by 1hill@aTime

Wasn't there a thread somewhere about it, I think the OP mentioned 01 May as the closing date as well, so its possible I guess. I dont go there much and haven't been for years so its not really an issue for me, but from what I read there were some major issues that remained consistently unresolved.

There was, I have spoken to some people who have been recently and they indicated that there were no problems with entry, there are still however some problems with people not obeying the rules. I had a meeting with them about a year ago and posted some rules here I will try to find them and re post.

yea we were there approx two weeks ago all was fine, so just trying to find out before next weekend!

would be a pity!!! those hills are AMA-ZING

....For "sightseeing" I agree, for "cycling" they sucked.! :D

I hope not. Planning on doing a loop on the Mountain Bike on Saturday as a Sani training ride.

From Google-ing:

+27 (0)11 904 3930/3/7

From a hiking website:

There also has been problems with the telephone lines. during the difficulties please contact the reserve on 071 602 7581 or 071 602 7579