Suikerbosrand Cycling

Johan Bornman

they hardly have feed for their horses so some died , so whats the deal about 1 animal dying cos of a goo gel? they will not close it as they make enough cash (which i am sure goes to the development fund of the manager) from us.

Don't start mr HED...don't start.... :whistling:

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to rant. I just want to know if the Suikerbosrand reserve is still closed to cyclists?? Does anyone know??

I don't want to rant. I just want to know if the Suikerbosrand reserve is still closed to cyclists?? Does anyone know??

Open 

Gooo Pig loosers, for those responsible I hope you get high sided and fall.

I hope then an antelope and his entire family come and pizz all over your face and your cycling shoes :clap:

Litter bugs should be taught lessons through pain :devil:

Edited by Undun

I hope then an antelope and his entire family come and pizz all over your face and your cycling shoes :clap:

Are you ok friend? 

Does anybody know whether its open on Thursday (public holiday) , would like to get some decent riding this looong weekend ? 

Thanks. :thumbup:

I ride at Modder all the time. You cannot believe how the litter is just starting to pile up there too......c'mon people FFS, how difficult can it be to just put your crap in your back pocket until you get back home. Jeez man, unreal!!! I do also know that a lot of the waste is also from the workers in the park, unless some cyclists have taken to carrying 5l Valpre bottles and sweet chilli Doritos .....large packets on rides???

Like a 7yr old thinking up the rudest things he can say.

they hardly have feed for their horses so some died , so whats the deal about 1 animal dying cos of a goo gel? they will not close it as they make enough cash (which i am sure goes to the development fund of the manager) from us.

not the point and this should never be about the money.  one animal dying from a goo packet is one too many.  for that matter, seeing one goo gel lying in a field is one too many... there is no excuse or justification for littering, ever.

Guys. Please pay attention to the date before getting all hot and bothered.

Now I'm going to ignore what I just said, and point out to all the Capetonians worried about their Arugust race:

Suikerbossie: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Suikerbossie+Restaurant/@-34.0077748,18.3115656,12.25z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x1dcc68b8d27c70a5:0x8c8fad26b9c517ce

Suikerbosrand: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Suikerbosrand+Nature+Reserve/@-26.3723086,28.1971092,11z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x1e94e1265b4e49fd:0xf5527316ffbd028f

Edited by GaryvdM

Like a 7yr old thinking up the rudest things he can say.

N your sister too:)

Obviously taking the goo pigs part.. have a wonderful day!

• 4 months later...

Water ran out at Suikerbosrand today. Anyone know if this is a regular occurrence?

Partner and I nearly got into see-ree-us trouble after riding there from Benoni and finishing a lap. Managed to buy some Coke from vending machine in old Hotel.

Water ran out at Suikerbosrand today. Anyone know if this is a regular occurrence?

Partner and I nearly got into see-ree-us trouble after riding there from Benoni and finishing a lap. Managed to buy some Coke from vending machine in old Hotel.

that's why it closed down in the first place... apparently the water supply tender went tits up and they were concerned about running a park without any water.

Best way to deal with Suikerbostand it is to take your own water and to not rely on using their toilets as far possible.  At best the facilities are a bit siff.  One can pretty much just rely on the road being there for now. with zero maintenance the road won't be there in 10 years similar to most other roads in SA, but that's 10 years from now's problem

Edited by rudi-h