Cape Epic Stage 4: 103km, 2 600m climbing

Tumbleweed

Gary Perkin is surely the best cycling photographer out there?

ye I have seen some cracking stuff of his on FB :thumbup:

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched the re-run highlights package yesterday, they were interviewing Esther Suss and Sally Bingham, what machines. Sally is tough as all hell, dominating on a 26' hardtail, damn!

Ya

Good looking chic as well :thumbup:

Is anyone else finding the live tracking on the Epic site slow? The time splits also seem to be updated much slower than last year...

ye I have seen some cracking stuff of his on FB :thumbup:

Did you see his pic of that other great photog Sven Martin's "race face" yesterday? Hahahahaha!

Is anyone else finding the live tracking on the Epic site slow? The time splits also seem to be updated much slower than last year...

Way slow. Couldnt even get on the site yesterday.

post-4329-0-54779600-1333001667.jpg

sick. This is what marriage is all about

I noticed on Sunday they were riding the heavier alu Anthems, and not their normal caaaarbon XTCs. Must say a lot about the type of terrain of the Epic if are willing to trade weight for some comfort/traction. The harshness of the ride probably takes its toll on the body after a few days. And they are still winning, so guess it's a acceptable tradeoff.

Edited by BlinkFan

And if 360- Songo had the bad luck on stage 1, what would the scoreboard be saying then?

Exactly what it should...why is it always due to "bad luck" that these guys don't perform...they are the poster boys for it, it seems, DG cut his tyre on the top didn't have backup team and couldn't fix it properly hence they lost time simple...what would have happened to 36One...max would have given him his wheel and they would have probably lost seconds, not minutes. Better prepared, better planning, better equipment, bigger budget... call it what you want, end of the day(to quote naas) it's the scoreboard that counts and its says 36One is in a differentleague(as a team), its cruel but fair.

imo, bad luck is a rooihartbees moering you from the side. Also the race isn't over yet...alot can happen and the right team will win come sunday. The one that was best prepared(training, equipment, tactics and yes backup for disasters since its allowed). I still hope that 360Life does well though

But lets leave it there, the mods are grumpy and we are hijacking this fred

I think 360 life could be up to 5th by the end of the day...

6th at least, maybe another 360+36one break?

Don't care how grumpy they are, but yes, can someone get this fred back on track and provide some race status updates?

Exactly what it should...why is it always due to "bad luck" that these guys don't perform...they are the poster boys for it, it seems, DG cut his tyre on the top didn't have backup team and couldn't fix it properly hence they lost time simple...what would have happened to 36One...max would have given him his wheel and they would have probably lost seconds, not minutes. Better prepared, better planning, better equipment, bigger budget... call it what you want, end of the day(to quote naas) it's the scoreboard that counts and its says 36One is in a differentleague(as a team), its cruel but fair.

imo, bad luck is a rooihartbees moering you from the side. Also the race isn't over yet...alot can happen and the right team will win come sunday. The one that was best prepared(training, equipment, tactics and yes backup for disasters since its allowed). I still hope that 360Life does well though

schnott on keyboard and typing finger

360Life and 36ONE are on the climb now. Bulls, Merida + Topeak fight to gain contact. Mennen close but Lakata battles on the rough surface.

Team 360life + 36ONE near the top with a few seconds over Bulls 2, Merida + FedGroupITEC. Versluys 45 sec back.

Team 360life + 36ONE near the top with a few seconds over Bulls 2, Merida + FedGroupITEC. Versluys 45 sec back.

The Hub & Twitter are more up to date and reliable.