Northern Farms route question

The Ghost

When I ride route 1 my device tells me I have done pretty much the 12km's mentioned on their website, today I did route 2 and my device told me it was 16km's - a fair amount off the 20km's mentioned on the website.

Did I miss a turn (I dont think I did), or do others also get about 16km's?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With the best intentions I cannot follow the route markings of the set routes, so I just go where ever my front wheel points (Not into no-go areas, and not against one-way single track though)

I've only ever ridden route 3, or variations of it (to increase distance) and that has changed over the last year. Has anyone done a "map my ride" of route 2 I wonder?

I just go where ever my front wheel points

Weedmod follows the same principle. His front wheel always points at a lie down spot...

With the best intentions I cannot follow the route markings of the set routes, so I just go where ever my front wheel points (Not into no-go areas, and not against one-way single track though)

That's what SS 'zen' does to/for you not so? I don't know as I have yet to find it ....

Jeez!

Right next to Diepsloot.

What caliber do you carry?

Actually Drongo, it kinda feels like the safest spot to cycle in JHB at the moment.

Just do not ride to/from NF, nor ride outside the farm boundaries. Inside the farm is a lot safer than most places out in GP

That's what SS 'zen' does to/for you not so? I don't know as I have yet to find it ....

It happens even when I pack a whole lot of gears :whistling:

We haven't had any problems at NF but I've heard of people that did have when, towards the end of route 3, you used to ride beside the N14. That bit is out of bounds now I belive.

Security is pretty good now and during the mornings when there are more people around seems very safe.

Don't ride to or from the farm though. There were problems near Heron Bridge school last year IIRC.

Rich - I'll see if I can follow route 2 one day this long weekend. I'll let you know how I do.

Rich - I'll see if I can follow route 2 one day this long weekend. I'll let you know how I do.

That would be great, thanks :thumbup:

I might force myself to go and have a ride too :D