[Event] NISSAN TRAILSEEKER #3 Down & Dirty

Tim_Fair

It is a pitty that my first post on this forum should be of such a nature. Thanks Fritz for making a clean and clear statement on what went wrong and how you are going to improve on the challenges that occured. Thanks to all the hubbers that understand what went wrong and can deal with it. But the rest that just keep on moaning like an 1993 2 stroke high shcoll motor bike! Guy's seriously! If you want to moan lets moan about the supper young riders that seriously lack rider ethic's due to the shitty example we set. Its called Mountain biking. **** is suppose to happen. If you really so concerned about your seeding and times buy a road bike. What happened to having fun, I stood in the bottle neck I suffered but really dont care. I had a Joll! So suck it up Muppets!

Dale Carnegie is that you?

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Correction the USN race is held 3 km away and has 35 km of singletrack. plus I have done plenty ride in the area and there is no shortage of ST.

It's about 10km away :blush:

But ja, that's got a sh1tload of ST.

On the side, don't you get hot with that beard? Saw you in B batch, but you're very scary-looking, so I didn't say hi. :P

I want to do the MTN race in Hilton, KZN that weekend. Still trying to sort it out with the government at home. Not sure why she is so unreasonable.....women, can't live with them, can't live without them.

If not, I'm there for sure. Armed with jager & spykers.

im doing that one!!! be good to meet you there..

Sounds like a plan

The temptation is killing me but I'm thinking along the same lines as joe. I don't know so much about 50km...

The temptation is killing me but I'm thinking along the same lines as joe. I don't know so much about 50km...

You cant drive that far only to do 15km.

Would really have liked to ride at VG on the 22nd. Instead, I'll be in the Sabie mountains on a roadie training camp suffering for 4 days.

But the rest that just keep on moaning like an 1993 2 stroke high shcoll motor bike! Guy's seriously! If you want to moan lets moan about the supper young riders that seriously lack rider ethic's due to the shitty example we set. Its called Mountain biking. **** is suppose to happen. If you really so concerned about your seeding and times buy a road bike. What happened to having fun, I stood in the bottle neck I suffered but really dont care. I had a Joll! So suck it up Muppets!

Why should we have to put up with sub-standard service. If I treated my clients the same I would be out of business. No sir, I make sure my clients get what they've asked for.

Please let me know what line of business you're in so I can avoid risking shoddy service!!

Why should we have to put up with sub-standard service. If I treated my clients the same I would be out of business. No sir, I make sure my clients get what they've asked for.

Please let me know what line of business you're in so I can avoid risking shoddy service!!

FINISH HIM!!! (mortal kombat voice)

@ nofearnofun - do it dude. I'm in for the 50. Jcza convinced me

I see he didn't have to try very hard haha.

I have ridden a 10km loop at VG along the river which was a PHAT jol!(couldn't go any further due to female complications) So I'm extremely keen. If I enter it means 4 races in 4weeks plus the "social rides" in between...my legs will want a divorce!!!

After following this thread, quite a few valid suggestions but I feel Fritz came through with his statement as to what went wrong and where they can improve. There are however a few things we should keep in mind:

1. This is the biggest mountain biking series in the world! After speaking to Hennie from buycycle.co.za and hearing how a few Europeans had been down for some of the series races they were dumbstruck to the numbers the Nissan Trailseeker draws. In Europe when they have a 350 participant turnout for a race it's a seriously big deal.

2. Take a look at the total Nissan Trailseeker experience, it's Gauteng based for the majority of SA mtb'ers. The sheer logistics and planning that goes into organizing these events, the sponsors, the online ease of entry, seeding replies and now even result replies.

3. Requesting 1500m of climbing in Gauteng is a tad much especially in Irene, guys need to understand there can't be 10km of single track, zero bottle necks, awesome descents, water points with prawns and champagne....

4. You don't wanna be held up make sure you do well and get a better seeding... Yes it will always be a series where they can learn from mistakes and plan accordingly, but give them that...

Finally I think we need to be appreciative of Advendurance and their efforts, enjoy the fact that there is an excellent World Class Series for us to take part in year in year out, riding along world champs and Olympians!!!! What more can you ask for?

It's about 10km away :blush:

But ja, that's got a sh1tload of ST.

On the side, don't you get hot with that beard? Saw you in B batch, but you're very scary-looking, so I didn't say hi. :P

Haha yeah it gets a bit hot but not to bad. You shoulda said hi. I'm harmless.

water points with prawns and champagne....

Not really a big fan on champagne to be honest I'd much rather have a good whiskey,