[Event] NISSAN TRAILSEEKER #3 Down & Dirty

Tim_Fair

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After following this thread, quite a few valid suggestions but I feel Fritz came through with his statement as to what went wrong and where they can improve. There are however a few things we should keep in mind:

1. This is the biggest mountain biking series in the world! After speaking to Hennie from buycycle.co.za and hearing how a few Europeans had been down for some of the series races they were dumbstruck to the numbers the Nissan Trailseeker draws. In Europe when they have a 350 participant turnout for a race it's a seriously big deal.

2. Take a look at the total Nissan Trailseeker experience, it's Gauteng based for the majority of SA mtb'ers. The sheer logistics and planning that goes into organizing these events, the sponsors, the online ease of entry, seeding replies and now even result replies.

3. Requesting 1500m of climbing in Gauteng is a tad much especially in Irene, guys need to understand there can't be 10km of single track, zero bottle necks, awesome descents, water points with prawns and champagne....

4. You don't wanna be held up make sure you do well and get a better seeding... Yes it will always be a series where they can learn from mistakes and plan accordingly, but give them that...

Finally I think we need to be appreciative of Advendurance and their efforts, enjoy the fact that there is an excellent World Class Series for us to take part in year in year out, riding along world champs and Olympians!!!! What more can you ask for?

Somebody give this man a bells!

After following this thread, quite a few valid suggestions but I feel Fritz came through with his statement as to what went wrong and where they can improve.

4. You don't wanna be held up make sure you do well and get a better seeding... Yes it will always be a series where they can learn from mistakes and plan accordingly, but give them that...

Finally I think we need to be appreciative of Advendurance and their efforts...

I disagree. Seeding had nothing to do with the hold up.. Tell that nonsense to the long distance riders standing in a 200m queue with half marathonners. As for the 5 min wait to pass the finish, It was just bad planning.

I show my appreciation by paying an entry fee. I pay-the supplier (should) deliver.

And like someone else mentioned earlier, the organiser has a short memory. Same crap, different year.

I guess I have learnt my lesson that plastic crates (even if they are advertised as "Industrial Strength") are not suitable for the amount of punishment that our bridges take during a MTB race.

This is what was left of the Nissan TrailSeeker Down&Dirty bridge after it was crushed by a Quad bike and 2500 cyclists.

281953_10151047701500969_983291564_n.jpg

In the future, I will ensure that the bridges are made of good quality wood and that they are twice the width to allow riders to cross them 2 or 3 abreast.

I apologize for any inconvenience cause by the bottlenecks and promise that next year we will try and split the different distance even more.

I guess I have learnt my lesson that plastic crates (even if they are advertised as "Industrial Strength") are not suitable for the amount of punishment that our bridges take during a MTB race.

This is what was left of the Nissan TrailSeeker Down&Dirty bridge after it was crushed by a Quad bike and 2500 cyclists.

In the future, I will ensure that the bridges are made of good quality wood and that they are twice the width to allow riders to cross them 2 or 3 abreast.

I apologize for any inconvenience cause by the bottlenecks and promise that next year we will try and split the different distance even more.

Shot Timmo.

We all looking forward to VG. Know it's gonna be a killa.

Tim I had crashed my brains out on the last rocky downhill a few k`s before the blue bridge of death so the 5 mins I had to wait to cross allowed me to recover slightly (concussion) and the cold water woke me up a bit - so it was not all bad.

Could have fooled me...trying to figure out how the SAS system calculates seeding batches is about as hard as fishing a Vicks chappie out of Patricia Lewis' hair...

Ta, coffee all over keyboard :lol:

IMHO, only thing that should have happened, was for 40km to go straight on the last bit of tarred road, and the 70km riders, go into the single track next to the river.

Don't know how I managed to cross!

http://www.photomarx.co.za/image/large/52222_dd_h__mg_9002.jpg

You dikgat!! - its you who broke it! It's clear to from the photo how you immense weight has crushed that poor blue bridge. Thanks for ruining my Saturday. ;)