[Event] NISSAN TRAILSEEKER #4 Van Gaalens

Tim_Fair

My complaining, about the I start

A Mr. Henk van der Sijde, started in I and finished 14th overall. So can be done..... Stuck with him until concrete road and lost sight him up the first section.

Battled with passing the porters, which i also joined the club... for the rest of the single track / river crossings

I battled to be honest, last turn after the greek hill.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really enjoyed the race, did the 70, and the single track was awesome!!!

pushed a bit too hard in the beginning and paid for it later, but total blast of a day

Mike

Awesome ride. New PB for me. A much better experience than down and dirty. My only complaint would be those dame road morons riding that road race. I really hate road cyclists

What did they do to you ? Or are you just in a k@k mood?

Didnt go well for me at all - nutrition and hydration. Should have listen to someone who warned me, but noooo..

anyway - paid for it all the way from 45KM.

Bad race.

Awesome routeclap.gif . Lots of carnage though, while getting my wounds cleaned up, a lady came in with broken arm, shredded legs and another dude hade 4 broken ribscursing.gif

What a great race. Did the 40 km, great route. Started in i batch, so had loads of passing to do, but it was still great fun. Being courteous when passing and asking nicely really helps, along with waiting for appropriate places to pass.

Also got the Hakahana medal blink.png Even so, great organisation throughout.

What an awesome race!!

70 was a real toughie with a serious sense of humor failure when we turned left after the church.

Big ups to Eric, Tim and Fritz for definitely the best route by far this year!!! clap.gif

Cramping started just before the church, made the last stretch more challenging.

Great to catch up with everyone afterwards over some SpikerBombs and beers.

3h52 wasn't too bad all things considering.

thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gif

I had a pretty decent ride on Saturday in the 70km until we passed the church. Hit the wall on that second climb and suffered all the way to the finish. My back is still hurting after Saturday!!!

Awesome route though and great organisation. For sure the toughest Nissan race by a country mile!!!

With the decent from the heavens on the southern mountain range I can believe there would be a few injuries. Nothing like getting your nether regions slammed on the back of the saddle a couple of times.

I truly loved the route! Blisters on hands and all, I'd do it again!

Big respect to the guy on the orange tallboy with the amputated leg, he is one tough customer. His determination to get down that satellite section was mind blowing.

Big respect to the guy on the orange tallboy with the amputated leg, he is one tough customer. His determination to get down that satellite section was mind blowing.

Why didnt I see you out there?

There is a section on strava called "jou blixem".....right there the wheels came off, had gel, a pee in the bush and a little cry next to a knoppiesdoring. Luckily there was an aunty on a pink on-one ss that kept me honest till I got home.

Why didnt I see you out there?

I saw you just after we crossed that tar road / river...you dropped a chain or your chain got stuck near your front DR...I shouted "karma...you ok?" and thank god you said yes...i was moertoe by then

There is a section on strava called "jou blixem".....right there the wheels came off, had gel, a pee in the bush and a little cry next to a knoppiesdoring. Luckily there was an aunty on a pink on-one ss that kept me honest till I got home.

I saw you just after we crossed that tar road / river...you dropped a chain or your chain got stuck near your front DR...I shouted "karma...you ok?" and thank god you said yes...i was moertoe by then

<----- ooooh that was you. thumbup1.gif

Then we were within a couple of minutes from each other - she was with me at that water crossing log and wire section.

I stopped nothing less than 13 times to put my chain back on, every bump threw it off and got sucked in between the sprocket and frame.

Terrible day.

Edited by Karma