Rocky Mountain Element 70 RSL Carbon 650B (27.5") - yes please!

JPLRoux

Just finished with my new puppy:

Rocky Mountain Element 70 RSL Carbon with ZTR Crest 650B wheels.

Other specs: XTR M970 groupset, M985 brakes, Schwalbe Racing Ralph 2.25 TL-R (650B), Fox Terralogic 2012 Tapered

The bike has a lowish BB, but the 650B (27.5") lifts it nicely, and makes for a killer bike. O boy, she flies down the hill, and climbs like a rocket! And at 10.5kg not too shabby either!

Thanks to Eugene from Rocky Mountain SA for bending over backwards to make this happen! Also thanks to Jaco Veldsman of The Bike Shed Contermanskloof for building and facilitating the deal. Tremendous guys! I will gladly give my money to people like that. We need more of those in the bike industry!

Sani2C here we go!

JacoleRoux

post-25318-0-32459100-1333483663.jpg

Edited by jaksterfoto

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I offer to swop a mediocre spec 13+kg shova ....... ;)

Nice bike and I hope you enjoy the ride.

Good to hear that the bike shed and rm South Africa are ontop of their game.

Nice bike. Is it a 650B specific frame and fork?

Im going with standard 26" Fork & frame, don't think Fox have released there 650B forks as yet and with what he mentioned about the BB being raised is telling me 26" frame as well. I could be wrong

Fox standard 26", and Rocky Mtn standard 26" frame. Both have enough clearance, even with 2.25 Schwalbe's.

Fox standard 26", and Rocky Mtn standard 26" frame. Both have enough clearance, even with 2.25 Schwalbe's.

Is it possible to get some close up pics of the clearance you have? I would like to know what its going to be like in muddy conditions for clearance.

Please post some pics of the clearances as I am looking at fitting these to my RM MSL50 how are the clearances if you release all the pressure on the shocks and depress them to their limits,do you get any touching if they bottom out.