Crank Brother Candy's

awesme

How do you set the clip in and out tension on the candy's

I think if your in the know then Shimano's might be better, for me I've ridden 300k multi-day races on my candy's with no probs. face planted in Tokai - no probs as it clipped out ok!!! :whistling: ridden in all water, dust and sand - no probs.

bet I get on my bike tonight and the bl%dy bearing disintergrate as per 'Kona Kula's" post

Edited by ramsew

Nothing wrong with Shimano SPD system - just tweak the pre-load screw.

Although it can be said the Crank Bros do look a bit kooler

I think if your in the know then Shimano's might be better, for me I've ridden 300k multi-day races on my candy's with no probs. face planted in Tokai - no probs as it clipped out ok!!! :whistling: ridden in all water, dust and sand - no probs.

bet I get on my bike tonight and the bl%dy bearing disintergrate as per 'Kona Kula's" post

Lol, I have both pedals. I prefer the Candy's. I also told my brother the same thing "Never had a problem... bla bla..." and then pedal came off the spindle one morning while riding. Anyway I still prefer my Candy's and went out same day and got a new set.

Lol, I have both pedals. I prefer the Candy's. I also told my brother the same thing "Never had a problem... bla bla..." and then pedal came off the spindle one morning while riding. Anyway I still prefer my Candy's and went out same day and got a new set.

Just went and purchased a pair of eggbeaters as backup started to get nervous

Eggies are good, just watch out for rocky terrain as a good hard wack on the bottom of the pedals by a rock might unclip you...

Now Im worried... me tinks I must get a backup set of pedals before J2C

moved from spds for years to candys. main motivation was the float, got sick of the metal on metal feel of spd. on candy 1 and 2's i think.

not as bullet proof, they don't like hitting rocks, but still prefer them. have them on all my bikes now.

moved from spds for years to candys. main motivation was the float, got sick of the metal on metal feel of spd. on candy 1 and 2's i think.

not as bullet proof, they don't like hitting rocks, but still prefer them. have them on all my bikes now.

huh, I have more float on my Candy's than with spd's, and on spd's you can adjust it..whereas the candy's it's not.

I prefer my candy's because they look hot, are stupid light and the new 3's don't have such big maintenance...rebuild once a year

Hi there

ok, so am I correct in guessing the SM-SH51 is the standard cleat that comes with the Shimano 520L's

Other than Jbay Cycle Center, what other cycles shops there in PE?, I don't see a Cycle Lab listed.

G

+1 - It's amazing what difference there is between SM-SH51 and SM-SH56 cleats - the SM-SH56 cleats clip out so much easier than the 51's, and you can clip out in any direction...and as you get more confident you just adjust the tension on your Shimano pedals...I would recommend the 56's for anyone starting out with clipless pedals, they're amazing.

Looking to get the SM-SH56 cleats maybe? as a cheaper option.

G

Hi there

ok, so am I correct in guessing the SM-SH51 is the standard cleat that comes with the Shimano 520L's

Other than Jbay Cycle Center, what other cycles shops there in PE?, I don't see a Cycle Lab listed.

G

I have never tried Shimano so I can't compare directly. But I have noticed that it handles mud much better than other pedals, if this is important to you. As for the rebuild you can generally get away with just replacing the bearings the seals hardly ever go. As for the pedal disintergrating I have never had this happen to me :blink: .

• 2 weeks later...

Used to ride SPD, switched over to Candy2 18mnths ago. Still smilling, agree they have better floating abillity and maintenance not really a problem, only had to service my drive side recently. Can easily do it yourself.