Shifting indicators or not (MTB)

Gluteus Maximus

I just like the simplicity and "clean" look of handle bars without all the accouterments attached...you don't need the indicators to tell you which gear you are in, your legs will tell you...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ha ha i have indicators AND bar ends....i'm doomed

You think you're doomed?? I don't even know what they are, never mind if I've got them!!! Where to look ....? :unsure:

There is nothing cooler than looking down at your chainrings and cassette to confirm what you already knew... Take that **** off...

do you ever look at your cars gear lever to see what gear you're in ?

if you are bored and its not too much trouble take them off. they serve no purpose. next chinese invention is a blinking green light when your skewers are tight.

ps. hehe - the indicators on my 26er is still on... now that i recall, was too much effort getting the grips and brakes off to get the shifters.

My back cassette one broke,and I removed it.Dont miss it at all.Still have the other though, and do find it usefull.

Could do without it easy though ,if it was broke.

Took mine off a year ago, never looked back. After 10 years with bar ends, I lost them too.

My new bike came with X0 shifters and no indicators. I have always relied heavily on them, but adjusting to quickly glance down at my casette actually came quite easy.

Right now I don't miss them at all.

Don't be. Bar ends on riser bars, speaks to the art over science part of this sport.

As in, if it works, do it.

+1

Haal af, clutter on the cockpit that is useless. Oh and you save 20g

Agreed. Take off the shifters too, you don't need more than one gear anyway.

Hmm, 'take it off' would appear to be unanimous. I for one need them, not that they work anymore.. :( both broke in the space of one week. I still hurt actually!

Riding a triple means that there is a chance of being in the wrong gear resulting in crossed chainline.. for those with triples and no indicators, does this not bother you and if it does, how do you check if you are not in the wrong gear up front for what you have selected in the rear??

Hmm, 'take it off' would appear to be unanimous. I for one need them, not that they work anymore.. :( both broke in the space of one week. I still hurt actually!

Riding a triple means that there is a chance of being in the wrong gear resulting in crossed chainline.. for those with triples and no indicators, does this not bother you and if it does, how do you check if you are not in the wrong gear up front for what you have selected in the rear??

I feel it...its like the force but stronger hehehehhee. Seriously though the only place i shift alot is in tight singletrack with steep ups and downs and tight turns with some tech obstacles, there they might be usefull but that means taking your eyes of the trail which isn't an option really, so still useless.