What bars to eat on your ride?

Zatek

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use strawberry flavoured Biogen Energy Bars. I just cut them into small pieces before the race, otherwise it takes forever to chew through the bar. Putting the pieces into a small plastic bag also helps, except if you'd prefer to spend the afternoon scraping sticky energy bar pieces out of your pockets.

Edited by Naushie

What bars do you hubbers recommend? I know it will differ from person to person. I tried USN Protein Crunch and PVM but my jaw is tired after eating a PVM so it is to chewy. Looking at Powerbars but they are expensive and what bars should I try using. Must I look at protein bars or energy bars? Thanks

Try Evox energy bars, they cost 6-8 ZAR and are quite tasty and easy to chew.

FFS!

Eat real food.

Oh, and this was actually just a bump to focus attention back on the why the f$#k can't the op eat a banana with "full finger" gloves...

FFS!

Eat real food.

Oh, and this was actually just a bump to focus attention back on the why the f$#k can't the op eat a banana with "full finger" gloves...

Doesn't matter which way you eat a banana, it just feels wrong. unless you watching a hot woman eat one.

FFS!

Eat real food.

ROFL

I dunno. But as for "real food" I'd gladly take a steak in to tokai. But then I may just have my camelbak infused with blood...

I just use the bars 'cos they're tasty. And easy. As for nanas, they're fantastic during a ride. As are taters. And bovril/cheese sarmies...

USN harvest bars. Not the best tasting out there, but they're cheap, go down easy and in summer the chocolate doesnt melt in your back pocket

FFS!

Eat real food.

Tried it once and got banana on my gloves and then got transferred to my face as well. After 2 hours of riding and smelling like a banana I prefer bars. Thats also the reason why I don't use gu's.

Woollies Low Gi snack bar (banana,dates and cinnamon) or the High protein almond, apple, vanilla bar. I saw once that Bonnita's have hot dog rolls cut in half with dough taken out and nutella and a banana filled in. Tried it once and seriously it works.

got banana on my gloves and then got transferred to my face as well. After 2 hours of riding and smelling like a banana

So, you don't need advice on what to eat, you need advice on how to miss your face and hit your mouth?