What bars to eat on your ride?

Zatek

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I learnt a lot on my 1st K2C and a few are listed below (use or don't use, up to u)

1) Don't carry Pronutro bars in ur Camelbak......they will melt (I'm sure it's fine on a training ride though)

2) Don't carry Jungle Oats bars in ur Camelbak......they will melt (I'm sure it's fine on a training ride though)

3) Do carry something that won't melt.....I find Nougat and PnP rolled dried fruit works well (doesn't melt)

4) USN Energy Pro Bars taste nice (usually pop 1 of these just before the start of a race....I'm using 32GI and it's a lowGI bar so no wories)

Anyway, there you go - "food for thought" ?

Edited by NickGT

been using the 32GI chews but they not so easy to get out of the 'packet' while riding. OK if you gonna stop to eat anyway I guess ....

So how do we get from energy bars to sex?!

We're guys. It's easy. Actually I know some girls (some are also hubbers) who can also turn any conversation into one about sex.

Naa, I also use em, the best are from Fourno's especially with the chocolate topping and internal :P , but Woolies has small ones which are great, just take three as a replacement for one from Fourno's.!

Saw in Woolies last night they had large croissants with chocolate and almonds in. I'm sure I could squeeze 2 in a bottle cage.

What bars do you hubbers recommend? I know it will differ from person to person. I tried USN Protein Crunch and PVM but my jaw is tired after eating a PVM so it is to chewy.

Looking at Powerbars but they are expensive and what bars should I try using.

Must I look at protein bars or energy bars?

Thanks

Experiment with various options... I cant eat PVMs. Used it once at Afriman, and had rarely finished it and had to go behind a bush. Never again. Powerbar works for me, expensive but IT WORKS! ENERGY BARS, unless you're a bodybuilder riding a bicycle, proteien is for bulking up muscle, you dont' need extra!

Experiment with various options... I cant eat PVMs. Used it once at Afriman, and had rarely finished it and had to go behind a bush. Never again. Powerbar works for me, expensive but IT WORKS! ENERGY BARS, unless you're a bodybuilder riding a bicycle, proteien is for bulking up muscle, you dont' need extra!

Thanks Doc.

Never chundered a PVM before, but nutty bar ones don't work for climbing 1:3 grade at 40km's ! :wacko:

:D Ha,Ha, some interesting food choices (okay for me anyway).

I cant remember when last I bought energy bars or other such stuff, like others have said I just eat regular food, usually a rye sarmie, maybe with Nutella or similar, lately, as its Easter I have been carrying around a hot cross bun or two, just with a bit of honey, or sometimes I go buy a few croissants from Fourno's bakery up the road and make one of them with some honey or even just plain as it is, for my ride, or even when I run I pop it in my moon bag.

Fourno's bakery make really great prawn rissoles !! I just would'nt eat them before training though :D

I always buy super M drinks and a roll with peanutt butter before the start and 2 super M for after > i hate eating any bars on the bike