What bars to eat on your ride?

Zatek

Don't you find the clingwrap a bit chewy?

Nah, it makes a nice air cushion on the way out...on a long day its a lifesaver

For real now, 1 x hotdog roll + Nutella + bananna = rocketfuel...holds me way longer than bars, and I have tried them all...Mule, Powerbar, USN, Energybar....If you wrap it nice and tight its no more messy than a bar, and way cheaper. Try it.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What else does one do at the end the of a date? Surely this is why anyone dates?

It's the only reason I do.

:D Ha,Ha, some interesting food choices (okay for me anyway).

I cant remember when last I bought energy bars or other such stuff, like others have said I just eat regular food, usually a rye sarmie, maybe with Nutella or similar, lately, as its Easter I have been carrying around a hot cross bun or two, just with a bit of honey, or sometimes I go buy a few croissants from Fourno's bakery up the road and make one of them with some honey or even just plain as it is, for my ride, or even when I run I pop it in my moon bag.

Nah, it makes a nice air cushion on the way out...on a long day its a lifesaver

For real now, 1 x hotdog roll + Nutella + bananna = rocketfuel...holds me way longer than bars, and I have tried them all...Mule, Powerbar, USN, Energybar....If you wrap it nice and tight its no more messy than a bar, and way cheaper. Try it.

A variation on this would be to use a croissant in place of a hotdog roll. More carbs

At a recent event they were handing out cut up Biogen weigh bars... Tasted almost like a white Lunch Bar... Didn't have the time to ask the nice people at the water point if they had washed their hands after they had been to the toilet earlier... Oh damn that's another thread...

Croissant? Aah Cape Town.. You must be a roadie..

Naa, I also use em, the best are from Fourno's especially with the chocolate topping and internal :P , but Woolies has small ones which are great, just take three as a replacement for one from Fourno's.!

Enduren bar for rides longer than 2hrs - nothing if shorter. Contains raisins, oats, cocoa and a few other things (can't remember off hand). Really tasty and easy to eat.

Like Drongo said, take food with too. A buddy of mine has started taking boiled baby potatoes with for rides instead of taking 'manufactured' food.

Another option is banana and peanut butter on a sarmie or roll - named the 'Bike Monster special' after an old hubber (who has emigrated)

Handlebars

Yeah.

Tried those before.

Bit tough on the teeth, not easy to swallow sideways and rough on the digestion if you do get them down.

Enduren bar for rides longer than 2hrs - nothing if shorter. Contains raisins, oats, cocoa and a few other things (can't remember off hand). Really tasty and easy to eat.

Like Drongo said, take food with too. A buddy of mine has started taking boiled baby potatoes with for rides instead of taking 'manufactured' food.

Another option is banana and peanut butter on a sarmie or roll - named the 'Bike Monster special' after an old hubber (who has emigrated)

Winner.

At one race some wag asked me if I was a 'farmer'............hahahah.

Tosser.

Edited by The Drongo

So, you don't need advice on what to eat, you need advice on how to miss your face and hit your mouth?

Hahaha!!!

What else does one do at the end the of a date? Surely this is why anyone dates?

It's the only reason I do.

So how do we get from energy bars to sex?!

Or is it simply "The Way of The Hub"........

I use strawberry flavoured Biogen Energy Bars. I just cut them into small pieces before the race, otherwise it takes forever to chew through the bar. Putting the pieces into a small plastic bag also helps, except if you'd prefer to spend the afternoon scraping sticky energy bar pieces out of your pockets.

O C D much?

Woollies Low Gi snack bar (banana,dates and cinnamon) or the High protein almond, apple, vanilla bar. I saw once that Bonnita's have hot dog rolls cut in half with dough taken out and nutella and a banana filled in. Tried it once and seriously it works.

Odd fellow......................right there.

USN harvest bars. Not the best tasting out there, but they're cheap, go down easy and in summer the chocolate doesnt melt in your back pocket

+1

Jungle Energy bars, bananas and a GU for when I'm really kakking off (which is most of the time)..