Do you leave your race number on your bike?

smerds

What is up with mtb riders these days leaving your previous event number on when arriving at an event or when doing a ride a week after the event.

Surely when you clean your bike you take your numbers off …..?

I’m I missing something or why would riders do this?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you got your seeded number board you normally keep it on your bike , then everybody can see you are seeded F and should not be messed with !

If you got your seeded number board you normally keep it on your bike , then everybody can see you are seeded F and should not be messed with !

F... no ways

D is the default printed on the board under the sticker... atleast go with that!

Mine says "A" ...but only cos I'm A seeded for 20km races :lol:

I had the same thought this weekend at the Breede Mtb race. I assume its mosly people who dont ride often and just pitch up for races, alternatively they wanted to brag that they started in the last group in the 30km Argus funride...

ja i pull mine off after events - and put it back on for the next event. Training rides are numberless

It's amazing how may people leave that Epic sticker on their top tube for months after the event. Reminds me of that joke:

Q: How do you know if someone has done the Epic?

A: Don't worry they will tell you

Street Cred...a guy with an epic sticker doesn't even have to shout track....people just part like the red sea

It's amazing how may people leave that Epic sticker on their top tube for months after the event. Reminds me of that joke:

haha! yeah epic stickers and jerseys are a big deal around the campfire only until someone pulls out their Freedom Challenge blanket

Jip also noted it this weekend at Breede race .....

I make a specific reference to mtb bikes since I understand that you don’t want to take of your league number on your road bike which is the plastic tag under your seat and since the number stays the same.

Edited by smerds

What from the sticker? ... ;)

It's like that other old joke. How do you know if you're talking to a pilot? They'll tell you.

Street Cred...a guy with an epic sticker doesn't even have to shout track....people just part like the red sea

Or he may try overtake you like so

Much like engineers. They also have a tendency to tell you they are engineers....

It's because of the limited small talk repertoire.

"Hi, pleased to meet you, I'm Edward."

"Hi, Edward, I'm Sam. What do you do for a living?"

"I'm a mechanical engineer, and you?"

"I'm a (something not an engineer)."

"Oh, that's interesting."

<conversation drifts off as Edward has now run out of things to say>

haha! yeah epic stickers and jerseys are a big deal around the campfire only until someone pulls out their Freedom Challenge blanket

Some say that if you wear that as a cape during a race it forms a invisible force field that won't allow anyone to pass you...Anyone selling theirs?